Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
My daughter recently bought a 95 Sephia, and the Check Engine light has come on.
We dropped by the local AutoZone, and the guy couldn't find the ODB port so he could plug in his reader. I came home and continued to look for it, but still no luck.

I'm looking under the dashboard on the drivers side (the AutoZone guy said that's where it should be).

Could one of you Kia guru's tell me *exactly* where it's supposed to be located?

One note... Just to the right of the steering column up underneath the dash you can see two small mounting holes. The AutoZone guy said that was probably where it *used* to be. (???)

Thanks for any help...

~Steve

·
Registered
138 Posts
'95 could be OBD I, OBD IIs became mandatory from '96. OBD I connectors are usually in the engine bay, probably a plastic piece that flips open and should read connectr or something like that on it. Google engine codes and you should find a website that will tell you how to read the codes creating a short between two terminals.

·
Registered
2 Posts
95 does not have obd 2. it is on the firewall in the engine compartment. you have to jump two of the connectors with a piece of wire. buy a repair manual from the autoparts store. also don't use autozone, bunch of retards.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If it is ob2 then it is to the right of the steering wheel like my stepsons if it is ob1 then middle of the firewall with a cover on it. Some 95 were ob2 depends on the month the car was built as ob2 did not become mandatory tell 95

1 - 5 of 5 Posts