Kia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

Registered
2022 Sorento SX-P PHEV
New sounds have been added to Sounds of Nature. This [sic] special emotional sounds were composed by music director Jaeil Jeong, who produced the music for 'Squid Game' and 'Parasite'!
"Squid Game" and "Parasite" are definitely the first things I think of in relation to calming "sound therapy" 馃ぃ

Registered
'21 Sorento SX Prestige X-Line
I wish they had better release notes. There are always things they don't note. Like last update, widescreen Android auto was not included in release notes. I'll have to start loading and see what else changes.

Registered
2022 Sorento SX-P PHEV
Does anyone actually use the Sounds of Nature?
Honestly, it's a great feature for those of us with little kids (two under 2 for us) who need help falling asleep on long trips. Set the fader all the way to the rear and turn on the ocean or forest and blam-o, the utterly staggering sounds of....nothing at all. Every parent will know that joyous relief.

Never in a million years would've thought to use it other than for the kiddos.

Registered
2022 Sorento X-Line SX-Prestige AWD
Honestly, it's a great feature for those of us with little kids (two under 2 for us) who need help falling asleep on long trips. Set the fader all the way to the rear and turn on the ocean or forest and blam-o, the utterly staggering sounds of....nothing at all. Every parent will know that joyous relief.

Never in a million years would've thought to use it other than for the kiddos.
That makes sense. I'd have a problem driving with it on, but putting it to the rear would do it. Wish I had that 20 years ago... lol

Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX
Trying to download the update through the Navigation Updater, I get "Download for this vehicle is not yet available," for both 2021 and 2022 Sorento. And on the "list of eligible vehicles" page: KIA NAVIGATION MAP UPDATE > Notifications, '21-'22 MYs for most models are not listed as eligible.

Has anyone actually gotten this update?

Edit: I tried to install the "Display Audio Software Update," which does have the '21-'22 Sorento listed here: KIA NAVIGATION MAP UPDATE > Notifications. I followed the directions exactly as shown on the page, and my car says "No supported files" when I plug in the USB drive. I tried it with 2 different drives, a 32GB formatted FAT32, and a 128GB formatted EXFAT. No luck with either one.

Registered
'21 Sorento SX Prestige X-Line
I just tried and also getting an error message. I guess they may have paused it? Like BraveSirRobin said, looks like 2021/2022 Sorento is missing from the eligible vehicles even though we have the Standard Class Gen5W

Well I guess none of the eligible navigation systems show the 5W, even though screenshots in the release notes show 5W as examples.

Attachments

Registered
I ran the downloader/usb creater yesterday and ran the update tonight for my 2022. Took a little over about 1:20, but may have been a little slower due to the MicroSD card/adapter I was using.

Product Gesture Gadget Font Audio equipment

Stayed on this 'status' for most of the time. Hit '50%' near the first hour mark.
Output device Gadget Flat panel display Audio equipment Font
Output device Gadget Communication Device Telephony Flat panel display

I removed the drive when it said it was going to restart. It restarted, restored settings, restarted again, and then came up. I would have liked a clearer indication of if/when the drive should be removed to prevent a repeated 'update', based on what some others saw.

Font Communication Device Flat panel display Gadget Display device

Gadget Display device Flat panel display Font Multimedia

Registered
I see that it's no longer available on the download tool on my Mac. I'm guessing they found a bug or something and pulled it until fixed. Guess I get to do it over again later.

Registered
'22 Sorento PHEV SX-P, Steel Gray w/ Gray Leather, +Pano Sunroof, +Tow Pkg, +Homelink, +Flaps
I have never done one of these software updates before. Just so I understand, and apologies for the probably dumb questions, but...

1. The only way to update is by downloading software onto a USB stick and then attaching that to the car? There is no OTA option?
2. Can this update just be done by my dealer the next (first, for me) time I bring it in for service? Do they do that automatically?
3. I assume this software is free?

I would try to search the owner's manual but the PDF version of the manual is not meaningfully searchable. Also the index in the back is so badly structured it seems like some sort of joke.

Registered
'22 Sorento SX-P, X-Line 2.5t, Wolf Gray
I have never done one of these software updates before. Just so I understand, and apologies for the probably dumb questions, but...

1. The only way to update is by downloading software onto a USB stick and then attaching that to the car? There is no OTA option?
2. Can this update just be done by my dealer the next (first, for me) time I bring it in for service? Do they do that automatically?
3. I assume this software is free?
To answer your questions:
1. Yes, download to a jump stick - if I remember correctly, it has to be at least 32 gigs
2. Not sure about whether the dealer will do this - give them a call
3. Yes it is free

Registered
'22 Sorento PHEV SX-P, Steel Gray w/ Gray Leather, +Pano Sunroof, +Tow Pkg, +Homelink, +Flaps
To answer your questions:
1. Yes, download to a jump stick - if I remember correctly, it has to be at least 32 gigs
2. Not sure about whether the dealer will do this - give them a call
3. Yes it is free
Thank you.

Registered
I see that it's no longer available on the download tool on my Mac. I'm guessing they found a bug or something and pulled it until fixed. Guess I get to do it over again later.
Looks like it's showing again in the download tool for the Sorento, although the online list of compatible vehicles isn't showing the 2021-2022.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts