Kia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
2006 Optima base model Octane Knock. Looking to figure out why this is happening and what I can do to fix it. If I run regular unleaded I get moderate to severe octane knock going up hills. If I run super unleaded it is gone. Any suggestions?????

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Not a good idea to create a separate thread for the P2138 (and omit that information from this one), when there's a possibility everything is related. You're saying there's a difference in performance when the octane is changed, but have you actually been able to alternate the gas enough times to establish that fact for certain? If it were mine, I'd diagnose/fix the P2138 and see how performance is after that, before doing anything else.

·
Super Moderator
9,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi All Getting a random p2138 code that resets and is fine afterwards for a week or two. I unplugged the accelerator connector and inspected it. Looked fine. Any suggestions? Thank You
Is this an issue with your 2007 Sedona EX or the 2016 Optima Base model - trying to identify which forum subsection this should be in.

·
Super Moderator
9,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Super Moderator
9,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2006 Optima base model Octane Knock. Looking to figure out why this is happening and what I can do to fix it. If I run regular unleaded I get moderate to severe octane knock going up hills. If I run super unleaded it is gone. Any suggestions?????
??????

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
It might help quite a bit to find out what some of the important OBD realtime data values are, particularly when the knocking is taking place. Torque for Android is the most popular, however there are others as well, including commercial off-the-shelf units.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts