Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a confusing problem - hope someone can help.

2006.5 Kia Optima 2.4L(?) V6

As of about 2 weeks ago 50% of the time when I turn the engine over, everything sounds and feels fine. I put it in gear, pull out at idle speed, and apply the gas to get going. Nothing happens. I crawl along at idle with my foot to the floor. Engine still running, no revving.

Almost always, I can turn the car off, and then restart it. Problem solved.

The last couple of times this happened, the engine light has been coming on with this.

Today, on my way home from work, I lost engine power while driving. Engine still running, sounds fine other than no revving with pedal on the floor, speed reduced to idle until I pulled over and restarted, could be associated with taking off from a stop but I drive mostly streets so there is a lot of that, would be hard to say for sure.

I have been doing a LOT of research and have 3 ideas on this, related to fuel pump/filter/dirty lines, or (please no) the transmission, or input/output sensors. No visible transmission fluid leaks, etc, fluid levels seem good, do all recommended fluid/miuleage service as advised by my tech.

Before I spend $$$ on fuel pump etc, sensors or (NOO) transmission I was hoping someone could help me nail this down.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem with my 2006.5 and it turned out to be the tps. The thing that sucks is that nobody sells just the sensor, you have to buy the whole assembly at least I did from the dealer for about 400.00. The good thing is that it is fairly easy to replace. Just a thought but when I took off the old assembly is was extremely dirty so you might want to just buy some kind of cleaner and try that first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts