Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Soul
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2011 Kia Soul. I've had several repairs done to it in the last couple months, including new rotors and pads on all 4 brakes. The back brakes I just got done, and I don't know if this is related or not, but I've found that when turning my car to the right while in motion, I'm hearing a scraping/grinding noise. The noise only seems to happen when I turn the wheel past 50%. Any ideas as to what this could be?

EDIT: After looking online, it looked like the culprit could be a dust shield sitting too close to the rotor. I checked my car, but only saw dust shields on the right front and rear wheels. Is there any reason why the shields would not be on the left side as well?

EDIT 2: I just took my car out to do some circles in a parking lot with the windows down so I could really figure out which wheel it was coming from and I am 99.9% certain it is coming from the back wheel. The mechanic told me the calipers had seized up on that wheel and that he would need some extra time to loosen them up. Perhaps something didn't seat properly on that wheel and would cause that noise when the car's weight is shifted towards it? (I have very limited mechanical knowledge when it comes to cars, so I'm not sure.)

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
740 Posts
Take your vehicle back to the mechanic who did the rear brakes explaining what you describe above. Have her double check her work.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,829 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Soul
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think instead I'll just delete my account. There is no reason forum users need to know anything about my location. That's literally half the reason I use a VPN.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts