Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O7 kia sorento both low beam not working. I have checked fuse and relays nothing high beam and signal light works. What do I check next.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,602 Posts
O7 kia sorento both low beam not working. I have checked fuse and relays nothing high beam and signal light works. What do I check next.
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your User Account/Profile

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

UPDATE: Vehicle Information

Forum Rules

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

·
Registered
Kia Sorento, 2006, 2.5 ltr, CRDi XT, Diesel Auto
12 Posts
Charles2112,

Interestingly, I've recently discovered that on the 07 models (in the UK, so probably the same in the US), the earth for the low beam is different from the earth for the high beam in the headlights, so it might be worth checking out the earthing wires on the low beams using a multimeter to make sure there's no break in the continuity between the wires as they leave the headlight units, and the actual bodywork and the negative terminal of the battery.

I discovered this when I tried replacing the headlights from a 2006 car with those from a 2007 car. On the 2006 cars, the two earth wires that leave the 6 pin connector seem to be interchangeable, but on the 2007 headlight unit they are separate. There's one earth for the high beam and the sidelight, and another for the low beam and the indicator. So it might be a good idea to check that side of the headlight circuitry as well as the power side.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts