Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Kia Sorento
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new o5 sorento and want to put a new cd player in dose anyone know how to remove the factory one

·
Registered
2005 Kia Sorento
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks that realy helped i figured it out and had my player chand in 20 min thanks again :57:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I have a similar problem but with a twist.
I have a Sportage 2005 and my car didn't come with a installed stereo.
Instead I have a black plastic cover where the stereo should be (double din).

I looked at the description for the sorento but couldn't figure it out how to
take it off.

Anyone got suggestions ?

/jens

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello - I just came across your message in this forum regarding the "how-to" instructions for removing the radio from a 2005 Sorento...however, I'm having trouble opening the link. Are the instructions still available?

Thanks,
Brent

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
for some reason when the site migrated over to this new format we lost some stuff. Here ya go.

1. First remove the two pieces of trim pointed out in red. Start off at the bottom using a small puddy knife. Once you can get your fingers behind it you can pull it off that way. It may feel like you are going to break it but you wont.

2. Once they are removed you will need to remove that big piece pointed out in the white arrows. There are screw for that on the top of the dash and down the sides of it. You cant miss them.

3. Once all of the screws are removed remove that piece but be carefull because you will need to unplug your clock and your heating controls.

4. After that you will be able to see the 4 screws that hold your radio in place.

Good luck and if ya have any more questions feel free to ask away.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
for some reason when the site migrated over to this new format we lost some stuff. Here ya go.

1. First remove the two pieces of trim pointed out in red. Start off at the bottom using a small puddy knife. Once you can get your fingers behind it you can pull it off that way. It may feel like you are going to break it but you wont.

2. Once they are removed you will need to remove that big piece pointed out in the white arrows. There are screw for that on the top of the dash and down the sides of it. You cant miss them.

3. Once all of the screws are removed remove that piece but be carefull because you will need to unplug your clock and your heating controls.

4. After that you will be able to see the 4 screws that hold your radio in place.

Good luck and if ya have any more questions feel free to ask away.
How are you able to control ur heat controls? it doesn't look they are there

1 - 10 of 10 Posts