Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I have a Kia Sephia 2000, just when I bught the check engine light was on. ODB II code said that O2 sensor in bad; but I all ready replace both sensors and the light is still on.

Please can some one help me.

Luis

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,121 Posts
Originally posted by Luis Salas Romero@Jan 7 2005, 05:03 PM
Hello

I have a Kia Sephia 2000, just when I bught the check engine light was on. ODB II code said that O2 sensor in bad; but I all ready replace both sensors and the light is still on.

Please can some one help me.

Luis
have you reset the ecu? if not
disconnect the neg terminal on the batter get in car turn key to try and start and turn on lights. this will release all the saved info and power and it will reset all the codes and check engine light..

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
32 Posts
i recomend that you take it to checker or auto zone.
They have a handheld obd2 reader and it tells you what is wrong with it. It gives a code like p1614 and what not. That code has a description of

Manufacturer control Auxilary input and output output malfunction.
If you have them reset this the light will go off but the problem (which is electrical) needs to be fixed. Dont go to the deallers because they will charge you an arm and a leg.
Checker and Autozone will print the obd codes for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have that code P1614, i just checked it at autozone. What is that? I looked it up as MIL Request Circuit Voltage High, but what does that mean?

·
Registered
107 Posts
to find a problem in OBD II style computers it takes 3 full cycles (from cold start to warmup) but once problem is corrected WITHOUT resetting the ECU it takes 40 cycles for the problem to go away. its how the new systems test the emissions and other equipment.

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,121 Posts
40 cycles for the problem to go away.
Not true.
One day I must ahve forgot to put 1 plug wire on fully... SO I started the car and of course it was misfiring.
fix it (dont reset ecu) and about 2 minutes later the blinking cel shuts off on its own. It will only take 1 cycle if the problem is corrected....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts