Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Kia Sorento
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Kia Sorento, that I purchased this past Nov. About a month ago, while driving down the road, my radio, controls for the radio on steering wheel, clock and rear windshield wiper, stopped working. Haven't been on since. That same day, I noticed that my locks will not open with the key fob, but the locks will work when the car is ON, and the dome light will not come on unless the car is ON. Someone told me that one of the diodes could be the problem and need replaced. Can anyone tell me if this is true, or is it a number of things going wrong to make it seem like 1 big problem???

·
Registered
2007 Kia Rio5, manual, roll up windows. 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, 5.9L V8
343 Posts
sounds like either a relay, or a fuse blew out...

Have you checked all your fuses?

·
Registered
2004 Kia Sorento
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, my husband replaced the fuses. going to try the diodes next. just trying not to have to take it to a Dealer :(

·
Registered
2007 Kia Rio5, manual, roll up windows. 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, 5.9L V8
343 Posts
is the relay an easy fix?
depending on where the relay is located, yes (FYI, same as a diode). Fair warning though, some relays in modern cars are inside/underneath the dash and require an extreme amount of patience. Keep in mind these cars are meant not to be worked on by the layman, only by dealer techs...

For the more common relays, however, they're usually kept in or near the main fuse box.

Good luck, and let us know what you find...

·
Registered
2004 Kia Sorento
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks so much for the advice. hubby is going to work on it this weekend, and I will be sure to let you know what happens. fingers crossed he keeps his patience! LOL

·
Registered
I now drive a 2003 S-10 Had an 03 LX 3.5 Sorento
2,365 Posts
Sounds like the dome light diode symptom. It is located in the front left lower panel where your left foot sets. There is a post with pictures somewhere but here is a picture from KIA. The diode is about $12 to $14.
HTH

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts