Kia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone just an update on my 2005 Sedona....Still love it and seems to be fine although gas milage is poor...getting about 7k per litre which is not good in these days of high gas prices...other than that no compalints so far.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My Sedona has just passed its first birthday with 15,000 miles on the clock - zero problems so far, just £170 for a service is all it has cost me. Its good to read of someone who is happy rather than reading about problems all the time !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got 3000 k on now and still happy although I noticed the sunroof has a lot of wind noise ...will have them look at it during first check up at 8000K...Gas milage is still rotten at about 20mpg

·
Registered
2008 Rondo V6 2002 Sedona
67 Posts
Our 2002 Sedona has 34k and we just love it, especially my wife, loves it loves it loves it. The only problem has been a broken cup holder, covered under warranty. Just oil changes, tire rotations, and an air filter. Nice van, quality parts (60k spark plugs, tran oil, collant, etc) compared to my Optima (Hyundai uses the cheaper parts, I had an Elantra and the tires, brakes, spark plugs, coolant all were replaced at 30k). We tell everyone to buy the Sedona if they're looking for a minivan. Plan on having it til the 10/100k powertrain is up at least

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yet another rtrn Edinburgh-W.Sussex run complete on a tank of fuel with the clock nearly reaching the 4000 mark now. Kids enjoying the ride (with the dvd player acting as babysitter along the way). No problems to report so far (touch wood!) Would like to improve the ride with ref: to handling/suspension, so another post from moi coming soon.

Happy motoring :57:

Fiona

:) smiles across the miles :)

·
Registered
2001 Kia Sedona 2.9 CRDi SE & 2004 Accord 2.2I-CDTI Exec
278 Posts
4000 miles...pah!!! , 15000miles double pah!!!!

My MKII 51plate CRDi SE has got 89200 miles and I don't expect the engine has bedded in yet.

Whilst I expect everything else to fall to pieces around it, the diesel engine will probably go on forever. :grin:

·
Registered
KIA Sedona 2004
66 Posts
Hi Fiona,
Edinburgh to W.Sussex rtrn, how far is that? What mpg do you get?
When I go to Edinburgh from Newcastle rtrn, (240 miles) then a week to work and back all on one tankfull, I usually get 38-40mpg.

Kind regards

John

·
Registered
391 Posts
Originally posted by kruhland@Aug 16 2005, 02:26 PM
Our 2002 Sedona has 34k and we just love it, especially my wife, loves it loves it loves it. The only problem has been a broken cup holder, covered under warranty. Just oil changes, tire rotations, and an air filter. Nice van, quality parts (60k spark plugs, tran oil, collant, etc) compared to my Optima (Hyundai uses the cheaper parts, I had an Elantra and the tires, brakes, spark plugs, coolant all were replaced at 30k). We tell everyone to buy the Sedona if they're looking for a minivan. Plan on having it til the 10/100k powertrain is up at least

didn't hyundia buy kia and improve all the kia parts from the phase 1 sedona.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi Sedonamike, I don't have a sunroof but did notice some wind noise. I cured this my repositioning the roof cross bars further back - I think the wind noise may be coming from the roof cross bars. try moving them towards the rear of the van.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just over 900 miles ish, give or take John. MGP on average is around 40ish+ ... depends on how and where I'm using the Sedona though! Best all round on long runs, obviously.

Fiona

~oOo~ ... :) smiles across the miles :) ... ~oOo~

1 - 16 of 16 Posts