Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Carnival,(sold). 2012 Kia Sportage, Yamaha TRX 850 M/Cycle
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not posted on here for some time,but I thought that I would, after 1 year of ownership, put onto the internetness my thoughts on how the car was, and is now.
I have nothing to report..
The car does what it is supposed to do with out stress or strain, and does it in comfort.
It starts straight away and stops when ever required.
All the switches, buttons, knobs, etc, work as advertised, the steering wheel is still in one piece, (I live in a fairly warm environment... Like Australia's beautiful Gold Coast???).
Some of the niggles that have appeared on this forum have been noticeable e.g. brakes groaning when reversing down a slope, but so what, it is not a problem, and the hill hold works.
As far as fuel consumption goes according to the trip, I get, on a long distance run 7.5 litre per hundred ks. around town running, it gets up to about 8.5/9.litres per hundred ks.
I have not experienced any chipping of paint on the vehicles rear quarter although I don't think the car knows what a gravel road is.
It has just had it first service at 15000 which was done in an hour, and was charged out at the advertised fixed price.

If I have a problem it is the bluetooth, My wife phone (Samsung Galaxy S11) connects up almost as she thinks that she is going out, my phone will not connect unless I do it manually. (Samsung Galaxy S) My wifes phone is the priority phone so that maybe is why, This used to nag at me, but now, It doesn't bother me as I can connect mine up in about 30 seconds, manually, most times I don't bother as I have no friends, and no one rings me.

All in all would I buy another... yes.
Would I recommend it to a friend...yes.
Is there anything I would change...yes. I would have liked more adjustability (is that even a word?) on both the drivers and front passengers seats.
That is all.
Transmission ends.

·
Registered
Kia 2015 Sportage Platinum diesel and 2013 Rio 3 door SLS
593 Posts
I have to agree with you.

I have had a few "niggles" that have been reported to my service manager and fixed or replaced without fuss. Better service than I have ever received from any previous dealership. We like our Sportage so much, we went out and bought a new Rio for my wife - again, she has a few "concerns" but then she doesn't like change and her concerns are merely her comparing her Rio to her previous car. Different - not a problem, as such.
I find the Sportage any easy car to drive, a pleasure even fun car to drive.

Would I buy another - yes.
Would I recommend it - yes, whenever anyone asks about it.
Is there things I would change - yes, but there would be no matter what car I had - that's just me, never totally satisfied.

Nearly 40,000km already, taken us on 2 x 4500km trips so far, and we love it. Adelaide-Darwin return next year.

·
Registered
Many, KIa Ceed 1.6 crdi auto at the moment
103 Posts
Niggles

I drive a Kia Ceed 1.6 CRDI Auto and every thing seems ok but for two niggles
1st, I dont like chasing the cruise control and radio volumn switches around the steering wheel. It must be cheaper to produce it with a stationary centre hub with wires coming out the bottom than a slip ring.
2nd, Poor fuel comsumption
But a very nice car to drive and I have driven hundreds, not all mine

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage Platinum Diesel
37 Posts
I used to drive german cars and they were great until things started going wrong with them..and they do like all mechanics do. I've not had this Sportage as long as the OP but I have a little internal smile on my face whenever I hop in it because it does everything and more the other makes I have driven did but at 1/3 price and with the piece of mind that 5 years into our relationship - Kia will fix anything that fails.

I recommend it when asked, and there is no better advert for a car than that.

·
Registered
600RWHP HSV MALOO /SPORTARGE platinum TD
73 Posts
we have had no problems with ours SINCE i stopped switching it of in gear a (habit i got in to with my S/C and camed ute as it would some times run on ) if you switch the KIA off in D the alarms go of
things i would change are the outside rear view mirrors as they are down right dangerous as every thing looks miles back AND ITS NOT now if i can see any thing in rear view i don't change lanes
my Holden Ute mirrors are normal magnification so i get caught out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts