Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Gravity Gray Sorento SX AWD, Code Name “Sinister”
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!!

I’m new forum, not new to Kia. My wife had a 14 Kia Forte Ex. I totaled it begin of December. This time around we wanted something bigger, something with 3rd row. We have 2 young boy only going to get bigger! We also have 2011 4Runner.
Our first thought was Toyota Highlander, because the experience with mine (been a life long Toyota owner!). Then we literally went to every dealer in our area. We looked at Hyundai palisade, Volkswagen Atlas, Kia telluride and Subaru Accent or forester As we were leaving the Kia use car lot. That when I notice the tail end of car I hadn’t seen before! What Kia was this! It so happen to be the 2021 Kia Sorento in everlasting silver. Wife loved the color! That day was looking no test driving. I need to research pricing, features, reliability etc. A week later we test drive Highlander XLE and Sorento S. Atlas wasn’t her thing, Palisade and Telluride seem pricey at first glance. Well we were ok with Highlander fitted our needs. Sorento test drive was underwhelming. We test drive an S trim, sale person came with and only last 10mins maybe 2 miles at best. Needless to say she wanted the Highlander. A few weeks later we at Toyota dealer trying purchase a Highlander. Whether it was a certified used or new couldn’t decide. We still just ok with Highlander, in fact I wasn’t really comfortable driving a new 2021 model. Still after making the decision to buy new, the dealer and us couldn’t come to agreement on price. So we walked away. Had to reevaluate what we was going to do. Well I started to look hard at Sorento, Telluride and Palisades. For the money you get a ton more options. Toyota nice and reliable, but seem 10yrs behind on features, look n feel or have to buy top tier trim. First thought was the Sorento. I was looking at the Ex AWD. The one must have was power lift gate. The 2.5T was a plus lol. After looking that we felt we may need to step up to Telluride or Palisade for space n comfort. Couldn’t get back to the dealer in December, with life and holiday we just super busy. Giving me plenty of time to figure out price and trim. Narrowed it down to Telluride EX or Palisade SEL, both Awd with captain chairs. I can’t believe the mark up on Telluride and Palisades. Now she was concern with size.
1. Going from Forte to Telluride/Palisade much bigger compared to my 4Runner.
2. Very tight parking at my wife work.

So finally this pass weekend get to Kia and test drive Telluride LX, the only Telluride on my dealer lot. Wanted to get a feel for it. We like it, plenty of room decent power. Wife still wanted to check out the Sorento right after Telluride for a true comparison. Right beside the Telluride LX was a Sorento SX, both Awd. What a world of difference between the 2. Well she fell in love with Sorento.

So now we are the proud owners of Gravity Gray Sorento SX AWD! Couldn’t be happier!!

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
Nice looking ride, and best of all the wife likes it.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Forte EX
1 Posts
Hello All!!

I’m new forum, not new to Kia. My wife had a 14 Kia Forte Ex. I totaled it begin of December. This time around we wanted something bigger, something with 3rd row. We have 2 young boy only going to get bigger! We also have 2011 4Runner.
Our first thought was Toyota Highlander, because the experience with mine (been a life long Toyota owner!). Then we literally went to every dealer in our area. We looked at Hyundai palisade, Volkswagen Atlas, Kia telluride and Subaru Accent or forester As we were leaving the Kia use car lot. That when I notice the tail end of car I hadn’t seen before! What Kia was this! It so happen to be the 2021 Kia Sorento in everlasting silver. Wife loved the color! That day was looking no test driving. I need to research pricing, features, reliability etc. A week later we test drive Highlander XLE and Sorento S. Atlas wasn’t her thing, Palisade and Telluride seem pricey at first glance. Well we were ok with Highlander fitted our needs. Sorento test drive was underwhelming. We test drive an S trim, sale person came with and only last 10mins maybe 2 miles at best. Needless to say she wanted the Highlander. A few weeks later we at Toyota dealer trying purchase a Highlander. Whether it was a certified used or new couldn’t decide. We still just ok with Highlander, in fact I wasn’t really comfortable driving a new 2021 model. Still after making the decision to buy new, the dealer and us couldn’t come to agreement on price. So we walked away. Had to reevaluate what we was going to do. Well I started to look hard at Sorento, Telluride and Palisades. For the money you get a ton more options. Toyota nice and reliable, but seem 10yrs behind on features, look n feel or have to buy top tier trim. First thought was the Sorento. I was looking at the Ex AWD. The one must have was power lift gate. The 2.5T was a plus lol. After looking that we felt we may need to step up to Telluride or Palisade for space n comfort. Couldn’t get back to the dealer in December, with life and holiday we just super busy. Giving me plenty of time to figure out price and trim. Narrowed it down to Telluride EX or Palisade SEL, both Awd with captain chairs. I can’t believe the mark up on Telluride and Palisades. Now she was concern with size.
1. Going from Forte to Telluride/Palisade much bigger compared to my 4Runner.
2. Very tight parking at my wife work.

So finally this pass weekend get to Kia and test drive Telluride LX, the only Telluride on my dealer lot. Wanted to get a feel for it. We like it, plenty of room decent power. Wife still wanted to check out the Sorento right after Telluride for a true comparison. Right beside the Telluride LX was a Sorento SX, both Awd. What a world of difference between the 2. Well she fell in love with Sorento.

So now we are the proud owners of Gravity Gray Sorento SX AWD! Couldn’t be happier!!

Very Nice! Spacious (y)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts