Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Sportage SX AWD 2017
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
35K miles and I have door gaskets on both front doors worn out AND the drivers seat wearing in two places. One on the seat and one on the setback. Dealer says "normal wear and tear.!" WHAT! Never had this type of wear on any vehicle that I have owned. Including 2 other KIAs!!! Opened a CASE with KIA. Never heard anything. Said they are waiting on information from the servicing dealer. YIKES! Opened another case with KIA. Two months ago. Have heard NOTING. Anyone else having these issues? I really think its cheap materials. Not happy!

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
160 Posts
Do you have any photos to share?

·
Registered
828 Posts
I had five years/65,000 miles on my '11 Sportage EX with black 'Weld Cloth' interior without any sign of wear. My '17 SX now has 30,000 with no sign of wear on the black leather/vinyl. What's the difference? Different users have different effects on cars.

·
Premium Member
2017 Sportage SX AWD / Mineral silver with beige interior
807 Posts
I'm guessing that you wear dark pants a lot. The beige interior does get a stained look. My beige interior is 3 1/2 years old and not worn or damaged.
From the pictures I'm not seeing any tears or broken seams.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan, 17 Ford Edge Sport, 15 Mustang, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,695 Posts
35K miles - if that's done by a delivery person, sliding in and out of the seat every 0.5 miles, that's what I'd expect.

To avoid that type of wear, I make a point of not sliding in and out of my seat, which becomes more difficult to do the more our waistlines grow.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
160 Posts
  1. I tend to agree with others on this. Try a good leather cleaner / conditioner like Lexol and use a Terry cloth applicator to really work it in. Buff with a microfiber cloth.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts