Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Kia sportage
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy! Im going to be picking up a 01 sportage in a week or so, and I was wondering if there's any go fast parts out there.. like cams or a chip, or a different ecu I could plug into it. I have a feeling there's not going to be a lot out there. But I figured I'd ask.

·
Registered
06 mitsubishi eclipce gt-se v6 106k miles , 00 sportage base 72,802 miles 2wd... purple...
98 Posts
nice philip :D, to answer your Q, yes there is some stuff u could do but unless you plan on going off the deep end its not going to be alot.

i recently read this guys web site and he took this motor, put it in a miata, stroke and bored it to a 2.3L and put a turbo on it and if he wanted to get close to 500hp from it.
there are some small things on here if u search for them.

good luck

·
Registered
2001 Kia sportage
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice philip :D, to answer your Q, yes there is some stuff u could do but unless you plan on going off the deep end its not going to be alot.

i recently read this guys web site and he took this motor, put it in a miata, stroke and bored it to a 2.3L and put a turbo on it and if he wanted to get close to 500hp from it.
there are some small things on here if u search for them.

good luck
Ok, Well Imma geek out on the fourm then, and see what I can find.

·
Registered
2000 Sportage 4x4 , 1998 Saturn SC2
65 Posts
Front Wheel bearings, Knocking rods, Squeeling belts, Oil in the coolant, if it sounds smells or looks bad don't buy it.......

·
Registered
06 mitsubishi eclipce gt-se v6 106k miles , 00 sportage base 72,802 miles 2wd... purple...
98 Posts
there are cams from the mazda 626 that u could u as they are more aggressive but then u would need a better fuel pump, better injectors, and a new fuel regulator that u can control the pressure.
here is the link to the miata with this motor turbo.
http://www.solomiata.com/FE3.html

do more research on the 626 cams

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Be aware that it's an old car and there will be very little that you can do to speed it up apart from making sure everything is working OK. It will go better with a tail wind!

·
Registered
2001 Kia sportage
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Be aware that it's an old car and there will be very little that you can do to speed it up apart from making sure everything is working OK. It will go better with a tail wind!
Hmm. Well this isnt my first time around with old slow cars. Owned a volvo 240.. made that fast-ish. stock 2.3.. But it didn't have k-jet..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts