Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 sportage ex 2wd, 2002 Grand prix GTP (for now) 2015 Jetta SE (soon with more boost)
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently bought a 2006 kia sportage. im not too familiar with the car, and the noises it should, and shoudnt make. (ive never had a dohc motor before) Ive noticed that when it starts up after siting for several hours, or overnight, its noisy for a few seconds, almost like the oil hasnt lubricated the engine yet.If its only been off for an hour or so its quite. THe car sounds great once its running very quiet except for the ps pump. I know in a gm the pump is supposed to maintain some oil pressure when the engine is off. im not sure about the kia. BTW its a 2.7 v6. 133k miles. Im replacing the timing belt next month, im also replacing the plugs wires and maybe the water pump. Im wondering if i should replace the oil pump too. I dont wanna have to pull the cover off the engine till i hit 200k

·
Registered
19 Posts
Being a rural mailcarrier for 28 years you do what works to get the most mileage out of your car. For a noisy engine with that many miles I first tried STP. For me it simply did not work. Another carrier told me to try Lucas Oil Stableizer. I was also having a huge blue smoke cloud in the morning when I would start it up.

Next oil change I used the 1qt. Lucas oil product. Within 200 miles the engine was very quiet and the blue smoke was reduced 90%. Also in all the miles driven never had to replace a steering rack or pump. When the pump started to leak I used the lucas power steering additive. It would also reduce the leakage. Sold my car's with over 200K miles on them. I'm not here to push the products but for me they worked.

·
Registered
2001 sportage ex 2wd, 2002 Grand prix GTP (for now) 2015 Jetta SE (soon with more boost)
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already put some lucas oil conditioner in it. (first thing i did when i got it home). My father who has been a mechanic for 40 years, says in his experience on these engines its a bad valve compensator, and that unless it gets worse i shouldnt wory about it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts