Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2001 sportage ex 2wd, 2002 Grand prix GTP (for now) 2015 Jetta SE (soon with more boost)
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hi, My power steering pump seems noisey to me. I can hear it inside the car, its louder than the engine. Can you guys tell me if this is normal to the V6 sportage. or if i might wanna look into a fluid flush.

·
Registered
2009 Sportage LX V6 4WD, 2011 Mack GU813 405M
62 Posts
If you haven't already, just make sure there is fluid in the reservoir. If it has been run dry, then you might be in trouble. If it is low, top it up and run it a bit to see if the noise gets any better, not gonna make it any worse. Start simple, work towards hard.

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
It sounds like it is running low on fluid. Add some fluid and see if it goes away. Make sure to use the fluid specified in your manual (probably PSF3).

·
Registered
2001 sportage ex 2wd, 2002 Grand prix GTP (for now) 2015 Jetta SE (soon with more boost)
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It sounds like it is running low on fluid. Add some fluid and see if it goes away. Make sure to use the fluid specified in your manual (probably PSF3).
It has full fluid, I even topped it off with some PS conditioner fluid, no difference.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you haven't already, just make sure there is fluid in the reservoir. If it has been run dry, then you might be in trouble. If it is low, top it up and run it a bit to see if the noise gets any better, not gonna make it any worse. Start simple, work towards hard.
Has full fluidm, even added some lucas PS fluid with conditioners. it does have 135k miles on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts