Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought a second hand kia sedona 2.9 TDi manual, and when I change from 2nd to third gear and reach 3000 revs, I get a noise until I change up to third gear, it happens in this gear I think because I am accelerating most in this gear, and is really the only gear that I reach 3000 revs in, if I change up before that, I dont have the speed I need. Is there something wrong with this car and needs to be returned to the dealer, or is this just something that happens with this model of car.

·
Registered
Sedona 2.9 crdi LE
244 Posts
What kind of noise? Grinding or whooshing or other? Might seem a silly question but the type of sound will give us a clue? :thumbsup:

Simon

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi!
I had a noise appearing at the times you are describing. It was the link between the gearbox and the shifting stick. It was a vibrating noise, sort of rattling. If I put my hand on the stick it went away. I started toubelshooting and came up with the following on my car: The hood is resting on (should be) two rubber cushions they were both missing on my car. When replaced and the stick twisted slightly to right the sound stopped!
Try it if your noise is any similar to mine!

Good luck!
T :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, the noise does appear to go when I put my hand on the gear stick, so I will look into your solution. thank you very much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts