Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Sorento
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 Sorento 12k miles

I just noticed this today and was wondering if anyone has a similar experience.

When the A/C is on and I turn left, there's a very strange noise that comes out of the passenger side vent area. At first listen, it almost sounded like a bunch of papers sliding across the dash area. The more I honed in, it became clearer that it was more like a burst coming from the passenger vents. Both vents are open as normal. I've had the AC on many times before and never noticed the sound.

It only happens when I turn left and stops as soon as I'm finished turning.

I turned off the AC and turned left, and there was no noise.

Thoughts or ideas are appreciated.

·
Registered
2013 Sorento
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't noticed any water on that side, but I'll check that out.

Is it easy to unclog the drain hose on the Sorento?

·
Registered
2013 Sorento
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the passenger floor was wet, so the evaporator hose must have been clogged. I shot some air into it and it released some water, so hopefully it's no longer a problem.

For future reference, the easiest way to get to the hose is going in from the top. There's enough space in the engine block to reach down and pull the hose out. I originally tried from under the car and the drain hose was blocked by a heat shield.

·
Registered
2011 Sorento LX V6 AWD, Dark Cherry
153 Posts
the passenger floor was wet, so the evaporator hose must have been clogged. I shot some air into it and it released some water, so hopefully it's no longer a problem.

For future reference, the easiest way to get to the hose is going in from the top. There's enough space in the engine block to reach down and pull the hose out. I originally tried from under the car and the drain hose was blocked by a heat shield.
Glad to hear you found the problem.

·
Registered
2013 Sorento
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Turns out the problem wasn't fixed by clearing the external drain hose line. I was getting recurring clogs, so I took it to the dealer and they found the hose inside the reservoir was twisted and kinked...needed to be replaced. Here's hoping there are no more clogs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts