Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Spectra5 I am hearing a metal on metal thud of some kind when ever I am going over a bump going around 20 to 40 mph. However I dont here it when my windows are up. Also I have a noise like a rusty spring when I push the brake does anyone have these issues? I really need some help please I dont really have the money to take it somewhere. Thanks So much. Dean

·
Registered
06 KIA Spec5, 2000 HD Roadking
1,515 Posts
Check your brake pads in the rear. If they are worn out you will get a metallic squeal when applying the brakes. Check your struts for leaking and check the sway bar links to make sure one is not broken, (they are plastic). A bad wheel bearing can also sound like what you described. :eek:

·
Registered
2004.5 Kia Spectra, 2000 Ford Focus ZX3 (custom)
5 Posts
I was going to say struts too. How many miles on the car? My wifes spectra need the struts replaced too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It has 80,000 miles. Yeah it sounds like more of something loose hitting together.
It is pretty loud too but only on big cracks in pavement or jarring type bumps. I am hoping it wont be expensive. And should I worry about getting fix asap or whenever I can get to it? Thanks everyone so much

1 - 4 of 4 Posts