Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Kia Soul
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please help me and tell me what this noise sounds like. I have a 2014 Kia Soul with 130000 miles on it. A little background. I was driving and all of a sudden the oil light came on then the car shut off. I recently replace the oil pump and got the oil light to go out but I still have a loud knocking noise coming from the engine. I tried to post a video but it won’t let me attach it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Soul
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Here is a link to what it sounds like. Hopefully someone can help me out.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 2013 BMW K1600 GTL
11,134 Posts
Can someone please help me and tell me what this noise sounds like. I have a 2014 Kia Soul with 130000 miles on it. A little background. I was driving and all of a sudden the oil light came on then the car shut off. I recently replace the oil pump and got the oil light to go out but I still have a loud knocking noise coming from the engine. I tried to post a video but it won’t let me attach it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
That and the video, I'd say your bearings are gone.

You could get away with a rebuild, but the longer it runs like that, the more likely you'll destroy the crankshaft.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Soul
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can anyone tell me if there is anyway to tell what bearing colors for both the crank and the rods are installed without pulling anything apart?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts