Kia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife goes to friends with the 2011,stays about one hour. Goes to start the sorrento, nothing but Click. Trys it a few times, nothing but Click. Gives me a call, car wont start, it Clicks. I figure dead batt., bring jump box. 20 minets later Im at car, take look under hood.Batt connections look good, belt is tight. Give it a try, it starts rigth up, no Click. Only thing I notice is the mileage counter has reset itself. Didnot loose radio presets or anthing else,strange.With car running Ive got 14.7 volts at batt.,12.9 when off. ?????

·
Registered
White 2012 SX AWD
838 Posts
Any kind of aftermarket add (electrical) ons or changes? Additional ground points and/or wiring added?

Also, please fill in profile for model, yr, location...tanks, eh!

·
Registered
2K13 Forte SX Lux yada yada yada...
160 Posts
Thoroughly check ALL fuses / relays.

I had a similar event happen to my old Forte and it was bizarre to say the least. I attempted to start and only clicking. I waited an hour and tried again and bingo was his namo!

Naturally I thought it was battery related due to that ever familiar 'clicking' but I was wrong.

Brought it in to the Dealzer/service and they found a fault with a fuse. For some reason, he wouldn't tell me which one it was.

·
Registered
2013 Sorento LX V6, '03 GSX-R600, '00 Nissan Maxima SE
150 Posts
Our car quit on us last week. Not a push button start. My wife was driving and making a right turn into the driveway when it just died. Good thing this didn't happen turning into traffic or something. I took it to the dealer the next day and they couldn't find anything wrong of course. The tech did have the nerve to tell me that my oil was low and that probably caused it to turn off.:confused: I'm pretty meticulous on maintenance of all my vehicles, and I keep a regular check on my oil as well as other fluids and such. I'm no mechanic, but I've never heard of that happening. If my oil was that low, I would have gotten an oil light I'm sure. He showed me the dipstick and it was off of the full line, but not even half way. I then asked if I possibly had a leak or if my vehicle was burning too much oil. (I knew it wasn't leaking, just wanted to see what he would do) He checked and found no oil under the vehicle, drops, leaks, etc. I told him that my oil was fine and was changed on a regular schedule. When he found out I changed my own oil, he logged it in the service receipt as, "Found out that customer changes own oil and oil was low. Customer refused oil service and stated he would do it. Unable to replicate engine cut off." I was coming up on 10k miles as of last week and was due for an oil change, so it's all changed and topped off with Penzoil Ultra synth 5w-20, OEM kia/hyundai filter. I'll keep you all informed if this happens again. Oh yeah, no aftermarket HID's or anything like that. (Though I really want some!)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Our 2011 Sorento EX V6 used to do this exact same thing. It wouldn't start no matter what you did, then magically it would just start right up. Some times it would even start up if you rock the car back and forth a few inches.

I saw the same problem on this forum somewhere along the way, and the solution was for the dealer to replace a relay switch in the rear brake light assembly. Haven't had the problem since.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.