Kia Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Hi again guys. I have kinda forgotten abot this thread.... because i have had other cars with problems to. But for a month or two ago i was able to start my beloved sporty. And wa able to drive it around 100 meters. When i almost floor it nothing happend. But if i was carefully and just a little gas and not going to high on the rpm the car would drive... but in thr slitest uphill the car had no power and i have to gear down to first gear and kinda trick it to go forward. Next day no starting. But i made a video from the day before... i guess yould be able to hear when i floor it and when i is carefully rising the rpms.... maybe it could give you an idea...#FINGERS CROSSED ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Xh36T6S3nc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Hi dj-vega,

Agree w/ Philip - would be checking fuel pressure & flow, given you changed the fuel pump on the last service attempt.. And would be verifying that the fuel pump oulet is hooked up to the correct line running up the frame rail -> to the fuel filter,

If not fuel starvation, would also recommend checking:

1) Ignition system components: all wires, the coil pack pigtail harness and connectors, the wiring connection at the back of the block for the pigtail harness lead... ( Only mention because at idle the motor sounds good, but under load it is bogging down / dying, which may also be caused by spark bleed from a coil or ignition wire .. )

2) The connectors for the Throttle Position Sensor, and the Idle Speed Control valve: * other early 1st gen users have reported both the ISC and TPS sensors have the (same type) connector, and if swapped, the motor will idle, but will not accelerate / die under power ..

HTH & Regards,
GottaCruise

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.