Kia Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Registered
2023 Sportage X-Line Prestige PHEV
96 Posts
@rocketJeff Did you end up getting an Escape or Sportage? There is a bunch of PHEV Prestige coming into Texas. I got my hands on a Jungle Green with Black interior that someone backed out on; delivery due in Feb. I know of a gravity gray and white available in DFW; I know some coming into Austin, but don't know if they are reserved. If you want I can send you the list of cars I have coming into Texas.

· Registered
48 Posts
@rocketJeff Did you end up getting an Escape or Sportage? There is a bunch of PHEV Prestige coming into Texas. I got my hands on a Jungle Green with Black interior that someone backed out on; delivery due in Feb. I know of a gravity gray and white available in DFW; I know some coming into Austin, but don't know if they are reserved. If you want I can send you the list of cars I have coming into Texas.
Glad to hear you landed one. There are definitely a few that finally got out of port recently and several are available because people gave up after waiting 2-3 months for delivery.

· Registered
Looking at getting 2023 Sportage PHEV
141 Posts
Congrats!

We ended up getting a 2022 Escape PHEV. Found one for $3k under MSRP and 0% APR 36 months financing. The price difference between the Sportage and the Escape after tax rebate is just a little too big for us to justify splurging for the Sportage. Though I have to admit that I still think the Sportage looks better inside and out.
Wheel Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

· Registered
96 Posts
The price difference between the Sportage and the Escape after tax rebate is just a little too big for us to justify splurging for the Sportage. Though I have to admit that I still think the Sportage looks better inside and out.
We've decided that we will lease the new sportage because the tax rebate doesn't apply. I'd rather Kia be on the hook if there is any problems (battery, etc) and there are so many changes coming for EVs in the next few years. I have no idea if the Sportage PHEV will hold value over several years.

· Registered
141 Posts
We've decided that we will lease the new sportage because the tax rebate doesn't apply. I'd rather Kia be on the hook if there is any problems (battery, etc) and there are so many changes coming for EVs in the next few years. I have no idea if the Sportage PHEV will hold value over several years.
I think that's a good idea.

There is also something interesting about leasing and IRA. Apparently the leasing company can get $7500 in tax rebate when leasing an EV or PHEV because the assembly location requirement does not apply when the purchasing entity is a business.

So some companies are passing along the savings to the consumer through better lease terms. I've read that at least Lucid and BMW are doing that. I don't know if KIA has similar programs though.

· Registered
Ordered 2023 Sportage HEV SX Prestige
152 Posts
I thought they IRS re wrote the rules in late December that until they define the new battery construction portion the old tax incentives apply?

· Registered
141 Posts
I thought they IRS re wrote the rules in late December that until they define the new battery construction portion the old tax incentives apply?
The battery component and critical minerals requirements are delayed til at least March, but the final assembly being in North America requirement is in effect since August 16 2022. The only exception to the final assembly location requirement is if you had a binding purchase agreement signed prior to August 16 2022 and taken delivery of the vehicle by 1/1/23.

· Registered
Ordered 2023 Sportage HEV SX Prestige
152 Posts
The battery component and critical minerals requirements are delayed til at least March, but the final assembly being in North America requirement is in effect since August 16 2022. The only exception to the final assembly location requirement is if you had a binding purchase agreement signed prior to August 16 2022 and taken delivery of the vehicle by 1/1/23.
I confirmed this on the IRS website. I must have missed that earlier.

Yesterday I went and changed my PHEV order to a HEV. I just can't justify the price difference without the rebate.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts