Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a used Borrego and have noticed that there is no lock chime to notify me that the doors have locked after I push the lock button on my remote. I have looked through the owners manual and havent found anything about how to turn this feature on/off. I am wondering if this is something that all Borrego's do of if this "glitch" is unique to mine.

Thanks

Kevin

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all of the doors lock and the lights flash but there is no audible sound that notifies you that the doors have locked or that the alarm is engaged. I have tried locking multiple times with no chime sound

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
It could be the alarm switch under the hood. I had this problem with my Amanti. Turned out it was missing a rubber bumper that let the system know the hood is closed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmmm....after pushing the button several times....still no beep. I am going to check the bumper sensor on the hood. If its not that does anybody else have any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tested the hood sensor and that seems to be what is causing the issue. Does anybody know what part I would need to get because it seems to be missing the piece that attaches to the hood its self. Is this something that I can get at a regular auto parts store or do I need to take it into Kia?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
It is a really hard part to order, because a more popular and similar part is the hood bumper itself. It took my dealer THREE tries before they got the right part. If you PM me your address, I will send you one for free.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
I have the exact opposite problem, when I hit the lock button twice the horn honks VERY loudly and it is really annoying....maybe the previous owner disabled it?? I'd like to know how to do that!!:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I recently purchased a used Borrego and have noticed that there is no lock chime to notify me that the doors have locked after I push the lock button on my remote. I have looked through the owners manual and havent found anything about how to turn this feature on/off. I am wondering if this is something that all Borrego's do of if this "glitch" is unique to mine.

Thanks

Kevin
I have the same problem on my 2011 Kia Sorento. Were you able to diagnose and fix the problem on your Kia?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i did get the issue figured out it ended up being the hood bumper sensor. I took it to my dealer and they got it fixed for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
7 Participants
cox.551
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing