Kia Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Sportage EX
39 Posts
I have the smart key with push button start. It has never honked when locking, but it beeps once and the mirrors automatically fold in. It never crossed my mind that it should honk, and I actually prefer the beeping to honking anyway.

Is josuet talking about his Sorento when he says it honks, or does he have another car not shown on his profile?

It seems to me that flip key models honk and smart key models beep.

·
Registered
2019 Sportage EX AWD
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I have the smart key with push button start. It has never honked when locking, but it beeps once and the mirrors automatically fold in. It never crossed my mind that it should honk, and I actually prefer the beeping to honking anyway.

Is josuet talking about his Sorento when he says it honks, or does he have another car not shown on his profile?

It seems to me that flip key models honk and smart key models beep.
I'm pretty positive josuet was talking about the 2018 Sportage EX.

thought that too about the keys, but, if you go on youtube and search 2019 kia sportage key fob, the KiaFeaturesVideo (although more than year old) is actually the smart keyfob that doesn't flip but does make the demo car honk, so I don't believe it's a difference in keyfob types that determines if the alarm confirms arming with a honk.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sportage SX AWD and 1988 Mercedes 300CE
403 Posts
Nope. I looked there. Only options under door are door lock based on speed or shifting door unlock based on speed and shifting and double press for unlock.
This is probably a silly question but, when you got to the "door" options did you scroll down through all options as the horn option is not listed on the first part of the screen?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Sportage EX AWD
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Nope. I looked there. Only options under door are door lock based on speed or shifting door unlock based on speed and shifting and double press for unlock.
This is probably a silly question but, when you got to the "door" options did you scroll down through all options as the horn option is not listed on the first part of the screen?

yep, I'll check again tomorrow but I'm positive it only had the three categories, door lock, door unlock and double press unlock.

·
Registered
2017 Sportage EX
191 Posts

Scroll down. The horn option is below the last item initially displayed.

·
Registered
2020 Sportage S
221 Posts

thought that too about the keys, but, if you go on youtube and search 2019 kia sportage key fob, the KiaFeaturesVideo (although more than year old) is actually the smart keyfob that doesn't flip but does make the demo car honk, so I don't believe it's a difference in keyfob types that determines if the alarm confirms arming with a honk.
I have a 2018 EX and I have the flip key and push button start. We all should have a flip key to unlock the driver's door in case of emergency.

·
Registered
2019 Sportage EX AWD
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

I have a 2018 EX and I have the flip key and push button start. We all should have a flip key to unlock the driver's door in case of emergency.
there is a mechanics key in the base of the smart key To do just that

·
Registered
2019 Sportage EX AWD
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Scroll down. The horn option is below the last item initially displayed.
Nope. I checked again this morning, the only options are the 3 I listed previously. No option for horn feedback anywhere.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts