Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Sportage EX AWD
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, sorry, I have another question that I can't find the answer to.
In my 2015 sportage if you hit lock on the keyfob twice within a few seconds, it would honk to let you know it was locked/armed. My 2019 doesn't do this. When I hit the button once it chirps once, when I hit it again, it just chirps again, no honk. Did they do away with that feature in the ex for 2019?

·
Registered
2016 Sorento EX 2.0T AWD
1,511 Posts
The 2018 does it. I doubt they took it away.

Is your burglar horn working? What honks is the burglar horn, not the regular ones.

·
Registered
2018 Sportage EX
38 Posts
Interesting that you would say that. My 2018 has never honked during locking. It beeps once when I lock it, and twice when I unlock it.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sportage SX AWD and 1988 Mercedes 300CE
398 Posts
You can probably "adjust" it using the Driver's Info screen.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Sportage EX AWD
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The 2018 does it. I doubt they took it away.

Is your burglar horn working? What honks is the burglar horn, not the regular ones.
hmm good question, I haven't tried it. I guess I will!

·
Registered
2019 Sportage EX AWD
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can probably "adjust" it using the Driver's Info screen.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
so the answers are: yes, the panic horn works but no, I do not see a way to adjust the settings through the driver's info screen. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
2019 Sportage EX AWD
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also, I read that others had this issue and it was a switch that is suppose to be under the hood on the passenger side that is depressed when the hood is closed, and if it isn't depressed properly, the car thinks the hood is not totally shut and won't give the all clear that it is locked. 1) I can't find that switch but 2) I did accidentally lock pop the hood AMD lock the doors and whe. I lifted the hood, the panic alarm went off, so I don't think that is the issue, but if someone could direct me to where that is I'll check it out again and 3) I opened the lift gate and locked the doors, they locked but, the car didn't chirp at all, so that again makes me think it is probably not that the hood isn't registering as closed, because then, apparently, it wouldn't chirp at all.

·
Registered
2017 Sportage EX
189 Posts
On the LCD display, between the tachometer and speedometer, select User Settings (gear icon) > Door > Horn Feedback. Press the OK button to put a check mark in the box.

This option is not listed in my 2017 Owner's Manual but is available in the vehicle.

·
Registered
2019 Sportage EX AWD
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
On the LCD display, between the tachometer and speedometer, select User Settings (gear icon) > Door > Horn Feedback. Press the OK button to put a check mark in the box.

This option is not listed in my 2017 Owner's Manual but is available in the vehicle.
Nope. I looked there. Only options under door are door lock based on speed or shifting door unlock based on speed and shifting and double press for unlock.

·
Registered
2017 Sportage EX
189 Posts
Apparently Kia decided to make the vehicle match the manual instead of making the manual match the vehicle.

·
Registered
2017 Sportage EX
189 Posts

I decided to play with this option in my 2017 EX. I haven't used it up until now (too much noise pollution). With the option selected I locked the doors with the button on the door handle but got no horn. I unlocked the doors and locked them again with the remote, but still no horn. I got in the vehicle, highlighted Horn Feedback on the display and pressed and held the OK button to call up Help. The help message says the horn will only sound when the doors are locked twice within 4 seconds. I tried this and found that it does work, but only if the doors are locked twice with the remote. Locking once with the door button and a second time with the remote results in no horn.

·
Premium Member
2017 Sportage SX AWD / Mineral silver with beige interior
987 Posts
I decided to play with this option in my 2017 EX. I haven't used it up until now (too much noise pollution). With the option selected I locked the doors with the button on the door handle but got no horn. I unlocked the doors and locked them again with the remote, but still no horn. I got in the vehicle, highlighted Horn Feedback on the display and pressed and held the OK button to call up Help. The help message says the horn will only sound when the doors are locked twice within 4 seconds. I tried this and found that it does work, but only if the doors are locked twice with the remote. Locking once with the door button and a second time with the remote results in no horn.
Yes, pushing lock twice should honk the horn.

·
Registered
2019 Sportage EX AWD
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes, pushing lock twice should honk the horn.
Right, but, it doesn't. I actually contacted the dealership this morning and they claim only the lower end models of the 2019 do this. I have no idea why they would remove that feature, and I half don't believe them, but, I can find no way to make it honk.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Also, I read that others had this issue and it was a switch that is suppose to be under the hood on the passenger side that is depressed when the hood is closed, and if it isn't depressed properly, the car thinks the hood is not totally shut and won't give the all clear that it is locked. 1) I can't find that switch but 2) I did accidentally lock pop the hood AMD lock the doors and whe. I lifted the hood, the panic alarm went off, so I don't think that is the issue, but if someone could direct me to where that is I'll check it out again and 3) I opened the lift gate and locked the doors, they locked but, the car didn't chirp at all, so that again makes me think it is probably not that the hood isn't registering as closed, because then, apparently, it wouldn't chirp at all.
'I did accidentally lock pop the hood AMD lock the doors and whe.' WTH?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts