Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 59 plate pro ceed 1.6 diesel
All my indicators have failed, indicating left or right has no effect either on the dash or any of the 6 bulbs round the car. I also don't hear the relay working.

It sounds like a fuse to me but I cannot find the fuse for the hazard lights either in the fuse compartment under the bonnet or the one on the drivers side by the door.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I worked out what was wrong with my car.
I had taken the stereo out to fit a new dab aerial over the weekend and hadn't reconnected one of the cables to the back of the dash. Never did find that fuse though.

·
Registered
RIP :( 2010 Pro_Cee'd - Infra Red 2
863 Posts
Glad you solved the issue mate, and for future ref:

Apparently it's fuse 5 under the bonnet.
Nothing in the dash mounted fuse box relates to indicators/hazards.

CeedOnline.Info

·
Registered
Ceed '3' 1.6 CRDI 114bhp 2012reg
114 Posts
I have a 59 plate pro ceed 1.6 diesel
All my indicators have failed, indicating left or right has no effect either on the dash or any of the 6 bulbs round the car. I also don't hear the relay working.

It sounds like a fuse to me but I cannot find the fuse for the hazard lights either in the fuse compartment under the bonnet or the one on the drivers side by the door.

Any ideas?
I dunno but these indicator and hazard warning are modern day problems....stick to hand signals like I did to pass my test...no fancy gismos then, no indicators but hand signals always worked first time. Then, some silly Billy invented trafficators with light bulbs inside. After using trafficator, it would drop into a slot and stick there so the next time you wanted to turn left you would have to reach across and thump the door frame to get it working. Yep, bring back a fool proof 100% reliable hand signal I reckon for what it's worth.

·
Registered
RIP :( 2010 Pro_Cee'd - Infra Red 2
863 Posts
Thanks Wurzel, very comical :D
Brings back memories of a mate's old Ford Popular c/w trafficators.
They occasionally worked without the thump, but carrying a passenger not only helped turning left, but also pushing the effin thing when it broke down!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts