Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, I just bought a 2000 sephia and when accelerating it has no power, and bogs down like to much or not enogh fuel? It surges on acceleration. any Ideas?
I am going to put a fuel pump in it and see what happens.

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,121 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by 1fastkia@Mar 1 2005, 07:40 AM
is the Check engine light blinking?
if so plug wires and coils and plugs chage em.
HI, no check engine light is on. I replaced the fuel pump today, and it did not help anything :(
I guess I will have to take it to the kia dealer :(

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,121 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
check or change plugs and wires like 1fastkia suggested, check air filter and pipes. Check exaust pipes for any bends or folds and check up muffler for any forign objects. Also try cleaning battery contacts (and while your at it, disenguage the negitive battery cable for 5 to 15 minutes to reset the computer) and put it back on to see if any of that helps. Also try any fuel injector cleaners.

·
Registered
'01 Sephia (AT)
6 Posts
Hey.

Had a similar problem. Car was losing power, surging, etc. One of the plugs' was cracked pretty severely, almost disintegrated. Vacuum'ed out the compartment before removing it to prevent debris from falling in. Imagine the mess THAT would make, eh?

Anyway.. Replaced the plugs. Surging has calmed, but now in idle it's sputtering - and still has zero power in gear. Can see the exhaust coming out in puff-puff-puff fashion, engine is bouncing, etc.

Would this be the coils? Or what's the next step?

Any ideas/thoughts awesomely appreciated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would do the following in this order. Go to the next step if the current action has no effect.

1. Clean the inside of your spark plug wires with 409 and then apply diectric lube to the inside of the spark plug wires.

2. Replace the spark plug wires

3. Replace the coils.

4. Shoot the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts