Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!! I have a 2000 Kia Sephia that when I start it up even in park I can got get the RPMs to hit 1000 when pushing the gas. It started out just not wanting to accelerate when I went from a stop to moving after sitting for a few hours and would do the same thing when I stopped at a light. Now it will not accelerate at all. I have replaced the spark plugs, plug wires, trans filter & fluid, mass air flow sensor and don't know what else to check. I tried to take it to an auto part store to have a codes ran on it but they refused cause the check engine light was not on.

·
Memorial Super Moderator
2005 Kia Cerato LD [2L petrol] manual, 1986 Nissan Pulsar hatch
2,861 Posts
Welcome to the KIA forums. Check that the exhaust is clear[ no collapsed Catylitic converter or mufflers, that might give you this type of problem [ can stop a car dead if collapsed enough, had it happen once on a family car] also fuel delivery problem, bad pump or blocked filter might be fault. Please fill in your user profile in user CP section[ it then always displays under your user name and saves giving full detail evertime you ask a question.], give all car details auto or manual ,year made etc , more info helps members help you easier and we have some very knowledgable KIA forum members who will happily help you. :cool:

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 2013 BMW K1600 GTL
11,140 Posts
In addition to what pulsar86 has suggested, you haven't provided too much detail, and this is whats really going to be needed for others to help you.

What's the service history, when last was the fuel filter, air filter, and timing belt, .....etc. changed ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts