Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Soul GT-Line (non-turbo)
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my new 2020 GT-Line on Friday and I'm still learning the settings and options. I don't see a digital compass in any of the available information; do they not have this? I see it in so many other cars (incl. the 2006 PT Cruiser this replaced) - this seems an odd omission, and not really a good incentive to spring for an expensive mirror ...

·
Registered
2020 Soul Gt-Line Limited Neptune Blue
4 Posts
I also have the 2020 gt-line soul. the compass is there. i use it all the time, hard to explain from here...but its there

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul GT Line Turbo
4 Posts
Go to the middle screen in the cluster and keep switching it to show different information. One of the pages is a compass.

·
Registered
2020 Soul GT-LINE LTD Snow White Pearl
193 Posts
The GT-line 2.0 L is based on the EX model Unlike the Turbo which is a stand alone model. Not sure the GT-line 2.0L has a mid screen. Not sure of the US Specs. It also confusing since the OPs Avatar shows a Soul X-line. If he also has a GT-line he hasn't indicated which model he bought.

Pat.

·
Registered
2020 Soul GT-Line (non-turbo)
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
  1. Thanks for the reminder, sube - I forgot to update my profile; I had planned on the X-Line but ended up getting the GT-Line 2.0, in Gravity Gray.
Since then, I still haven't found an answer on the compass issue - I don't have the menu option that some people have that includes it, so it must be specific to the GT-Line Turbo. I've also found that the car seems to act something like a Faraday cage - an actual compass inside it constantly indicates 'S' no matter which direction the car is facing, but reads properly once I take it outside. Weird!

·
Registered
2020 Soul GT-LINE LTD Snow White Pearl
193 Posts
  1. Thanks for the reminder, sube - I forgot to update my profile; I had planned on the X-Line but ended up getting the GT-Line 2.0, in Gravity Gray.
Since then, I still haven't found an answer on the compass issue - I don't have the menu option that some people have that includes it, so it must be specific to the GT-Line Turbo. I've also found that the car seems to act something like a Faraday cage - an actual compass inside it constantly indicates 'S' no matter which direction the car is facing, but reads properly once I take it outside. Weird!
I believe it has to acquire GPS co-ordinates for the compass to function, it might have trouble acquiring GPS whilst inside.
Pat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts