Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again, I'm working on my daughters KIA, again. 2000 Sportage. Latest issue is the brake lights don't work, and the shift lock wont disengage. When I use the ignition key to override the lock, the car starts and drives great. Just no brake lights.

I checked every fuse in the car. None were bad.

I found two relays under the hood, I swapped them. No change

I removed and tested the switch. According to my meter the switch is good.

I went to a parts store with my meter and tested a new switch. It tested the same as the one on the car.

I plugged in my code scanner. No codes and the live data looked OK.

Then it just started working! brakes lights and shift lock functioned normal for two days and then quit again.

I could really use some trouble shooting help here.

The plug to the brake switch has 4 pins Where are they going to or coming from?

I meter 12V in one pin with the key off and 12V in another with the key on.

The other two I'm not sure. One of these is grounded and the other is not. Nothing happens when I jump power to it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm feeling lonely, doesn't anyone know the wiring to a 2000 KIA sportage brake switch? It's has a 4 pin connector.

How about the shift lock. Does anyone know how the wiring goes through the lock to the brake lights?

·
Registered
2-2000 1-2006ALL SPORTAGES also 96 dodge van to transport dogs and 84 gmc snow plow.
340 Posts
If you haven't, check out kiateckinfo modal /year/ etm/ shift an keylock . I don't much about this system but at least its a start. Read the fine print it tells you how to disengage the shift lock solenoid.
chief

1 - 4 of 4 Posts