Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed something with our new-to-us 2009 Borrego Limited that has been bothering me. When we lock the vehicle it never makes any signal to acknowledge it has been locked. No horn chirp or lights flash. It does both when UNLOCKING it with the key fob or pressing the switch in the door handle. However, locking the vehicle results in NO audible or visual signal (using the button on the key fob or pressing the switch in the door handle). If I didn't hear the door lock motors, I wouldn't know it locked.

Is there an option to enable/disable this somewhere? The driver side door lock switch in the door handle is broken (going in Friday under warranty to fix this) - could this be related?

Do all of your Borregos chirp and flash the lights when locking? I am going to mention it to the service techs when I take it in for the door handle switch replacement, but I would appreciate some input from fellow owners.

·
Registered
2009 Kia Borrego, LX
9 Posts
Audible on Door Lock

Did you ever get this resolved? I purchased an 09 last summer with the same issue...Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, sorry. I guess I should have posted a follow-up.

When the dealer replaced the non-functional microswitch button in the driver's door they re-calibrated the system with both my key FOBs. I can't tell you exactly what did the trick, but somewhere in the procedure of replacing the door switch and re-programming the key FOBs it corrected the issue.

If I had to make a guess - I would bet on the key FOB reprogramming.

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 07 Rondo EX, 89 Chevy C1500
1,412 Posts
If it thinks a door is still open it will not flash the lights and arm the theft system when locked. The door switch fixed it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts