Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Sorento EX. I do not get an audio beep to confirm that I have locked the doors. I tried a suggested pushing the lock button twice but still no sound. Is this "normal" or does anyone know how to "fix" this problem.

Every car I have had for years gives me that conformation honk of the horn to let me know the signal was received and the car is locked! I miss that beep!

·
Registered
05 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
279 Posts
I have a 2006 Sorento EX. I do not get an audio beep to confirm that I have locked the doors. I tried a suggested pushing the lock button twice but still no sound. Is this "normal" or does anyone know how to "fix" this problem.

Every car I have had for years gives me that conformation honk of the horn to let me know the signal was received and the car is locked! I miss that beep!
Has it EVER made a confirmation tone, or is it something that it did, but stopped doing?
Can you confirm if it's an aftermarket remote lock, or factory?

My '05 has an aftermarket remote system, previous owner installed a remote starter, I never got the factory remotes. It does not tone on locking, although that is an option that could have been setup. Some of the more basic "remote lock" vehicles don't tone unless the locks were tied to some sort of security system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts