Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sorento
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2017 EX. I noticed that the front seat headrests don't adjust horizontally. They do vertically (typical). But don't adjust front to back. I thought they did in the 2016. Do they? Is it a matter of what trim level it is offered on?

Anyone know?

·
Registered
2016 Sorento EX 2.0T AWD
1,502 Posts
They do. Please refer to page 3-12 of the owner's manual.

"The headrest may be adjusted for-
ward to 4 different positions by
pulling the headrest forward to the
desired detent. To adjust the head-
rest to it?s full rearward position."

There are 2 types. A and B. Judging by your trim yours should B. There is a round button on the external side of the headrest. Push it and then move headrest to the desire position.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sorento
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it adjusts up/down. But it does look like I have a "Type B". Anyone know what trim levels the "Type A" is found on? The Front/Back adjustment is really nice to have.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento LX, FWD, 2.4L
40 Posts
What model 2016 do you have? I know I've in been in a 2016 that had them. Let's see if we can narrow it down.
Interesting. 2016 LX with convenience package here. Type A headrests. Can move forwards and backwards (four detent positions), but it does not lock in any of those positions, always returning to the rearward position via spring pressure.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento
42 Posts
No covenience package on mine....there actually wasn't a V6 AWD in pearl white available in my area when I bought mine. Kind of surprised me because they sell a boatload of Sorento's in my area...very popular vehicle.

·
Registered
2017 Sorento SX
17 Posts
Yeah, mine won't change their front/back (tilt) adjustment either when you press the button on the left side of the headrest. They are as you show in your video, but the button "unlocks" the headrest for down adjust only.

·
Registered
2017 Sorento SX
17 Posts
There's another post that says they have proof that the 2017 Sorento don't have front/back adjust. But why does my manual for the 2017 say it does ?

·
Registered
17' Sorento SXL V6 AWD, 14' Mazda6 GT w/ Tech, 16 Aprilia Tuono V4 Factory, 14' BMW S1000R
833 Posts
I think I am ok with that as they are now fixed in the forward most horizontal position which makes it able to actually rest the head on them and prevents whiplash neck injuries. Comfort and Safety!

·
Registered
2017 Sorento SXL V6 AWD
52 Posts
Took a test drive with the family last night in a 2017 SXL and I can confirm that the headrests no longer move forward and back, just up and down. The sales person thought I was kidding when I asked about it and then she fumbled with it for a bit and then with a bit of surprise acknowledged that fact. She thought it very strange that KIA would do this. The 2016 on the showroom floor did have the fore/aft adjustment.

As for comfort, positioning the headrest as suggested by the instruction manual was very uncomfortable as it forced my head forward in an unnatural position. If I lowered the headrest all the way down it felt much better but that might compromise protection. I had the seatback adjusted to be comfortable and would not want to recline it further to lessen the protrusion of the headrest against the back of my head.

Other than the headrest, I like the car very much.

·
Registered
2017 Sorento SX
2 Posts
Is awful for a nice vehicle like this that headrest cannot be adjusted horizontally, I have checked the Kia US website and the pictures of the new Kia Sorento does not match compare to what it's has been delivered to the customers, this compromises the comfort, the driving experience for owners of new vehicles, this should not take that lightly. I Will try to contact Kia customers relating to see what they have to say about this issue.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 51 Posts