Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
07 Optima EX V6
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Sorento V6 AWD with key less entry/start & No Accessory function. Every car I have ever owned has had Acc. Even friends with other makes & Key less entry/start had Acc. mode. I like to enjoy sitting in the truck/car with the radio on for longer then 5 min w/o the battery drain. Also while I have 12V outlets they don't have pwr when the truck is off. My 07 Optima EX did have these features. On trips I would like to plug in to 12v & charge cell phone, cameras or run a small cooler, laptop while the truck/car is off. I read over the owners manual & checked with Dealer service department which confirmed the 2014 models don't have these features. Very annoying.

·
Registered
07 Optima EX V6
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On mine I get Battery Discharge warning pops up on Navigation Screen with ether one.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,532 Posts
its covered in page 5/9-5/12 in the US 2014 Sorento owners manual with regards the accessory mode.

·
Registered
07 Optima EX V6
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
conwelpic- Thank You. So the Battery Discharge warning is normal. I read that we have 1 hour of Acc. pwr before Battery starts to discharge.
To think I was told be a Dealer service Mgr I didn't have Acc. mode. Is there a way to have 12v pwr outlet in cargo area to stay on after eng. is off like in my 07 Optima?

·
Registered
Sorento 2014
4 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I was wondering the same thing. I've only had the car for four days and have yet to get through the manual. This is something every salesman should be telling the customer when picking up the vehicle.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Kia seems to really hate having an always on Accessory plug.. On the soul people have just re-wired it to the battery. Given how quickly the 2011 Sorento battery died while running just the radio, I'd almost advocate getting a higher end deep cycle battery if you went that route though. I doubt a cell phone would drain the battery really quickly, but other accessories might.

·
Registered
2008 rondo,gone , 2001 olds aurora gone, 2014 Sorento EX awaiting delivery, Finally delivered!
78 Posts
So with a less than perfect low amp battery what about the 110v inverter receptacle on the EX package?
Is it only usable while the engine in running?

·
Registered
2016 KIA Sorento SX+ 7 seater
547 Posts
Yes, the inverter on the SX only functions when the engine is running, same with 12V outlets; have seen the same with previous cars I had.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts