Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like the Niro EV finally made its way to KIA.com.

Being in Florida, I don't think we'll be getting any here. I am interested in hearing from people who buy them. How long it took, price paid, and of course how it is to own :)

Now if we could just get a dealership in Florida to have a PHEV EX Premium. There is one and they tacked on 3k worth of extras and then wouldn't budge on pricing since they had their "dealer installed" options on it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Although I have never owned a Kia before, had an opportunity to check one out just before Memorial Day in our local dealership in Northern California. Ended up trading in my Lexus 400H hybrid at that moment, because the Niro EV Premium worked for me. The biggest challenge is whether the vehicle could fit my 6'-1/2" frame behind the wheel and still have room for someone to sit in the back seat. I was impressed on how well it fit, which is why I elected to buy it right then...having to clear out the Lexus and say goodby to it.

I had only been casually looking at the Tesla 3 and Hyundai Kona, models with similar range and pricing, and neither of them had sufficient room in the rear seat. I could not fit in behind the steering wheel on the Kona, but the Kia has a telescoping wheel, with plenty of room for my legs. I could even move the drivers seat up to a comfortable position, and then I could sit comfortably in the back behind the drivers seat.

I seem to get a full charge of up to 258 miles, and when cooler out it goes up to 272. One of the best features is the regenerative braking. I can travel on curvy roads, using the paddle shifters and never step on the brakes. It is fun to watch the mileage go up when traveling down mountain roads. The motor comfortably charges while decelerating.

In general, it rides very comfortably. May not have as many features as the Lexus, but does have some nice options in the upgraded sensor technology that my Lexus did not have.

The Aluminum Silver has a very nice color tone.

Cheers,
Harvey

1 - 2 of 2 Posts