Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All-I am new here, and have been looking for a Kia forum for problems and complaints.
My 2002 Sedona has a banging noise in front suspension when going over uneven road surfaces. Kia replaced front Struts At 20k miles, and after another 6k banging started again. Now at 50k problem still there, regional office says they are trying to find FIX for problem but nothing as yet.
We are ready to pull our hair out and keep getting run around
Anyone else with said problem?
I really need to fent on this as we are VERY unhappy with KIA

Thanks for listening
Bertoc

·
Registered
25 Posts
Originally posted by bertoc@Oct 3 2004, 09:32 AM
Hi All-I am new here, and have been looking for a Kia forum for problems and complaints.
My 2002 Sedona has a banging noise in front suspension when going over uneven road surfaces. Kia replaced front Struts At 20k miles, and after another 6k banging started again. Now at 50k problem still there, regional office says they are trying to find FIX for problem but nothing as yet.
We are ready to pull our hair out and keep getting run around
Anyone else with said problem?
I really need to fent on this as we are VERY unhappy with KIA

Thanks for listening
Bertoc

Sorry to hear that, I would not stand for an answer that does not find a solution quickly. Complain again and then go above the dealers head.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, Bought a 2.9 Tdi on a W reg about a month ago and Ive also got the noise on the front when going over speed ramps. It does sound like the shocks but I am unsure of the problem.
I will wait for the outcome when it goes in for a service. :unsure:

·
Registered
43 Posts
My Kia Sedona 2002 EX does not have that problem, and it is now 70,000 miles. When I need to pass speed bump, I normally slow down to 5 mph, so I did not see any problem.

On the other hand, if I had problem like this, I may not go to dealer which is normally more expensive and hard to access.

If you talk to old enough people, in the good old days, one can pick up all kinds of options for their cars, not just "stardard equipment". So, one can get a HUGE tires for small cars, and still work fine.

So, if you need much better structs, you should be able to get them, then you do not need to slow down at speed bumps for sure ...

However, Kia Sedona 2002 is NOT designed to be like mountain truck. I feel it is designed to drive on "good road" like highway. Do you dress up your tuxedo to go beach?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts