Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone- I stumbled upon this forum while looking for answers to the never-ending question,"NOW what is wrong with my car?" I've had nothing but problems, but the funny part is every major problem with the car has happened after the 60,000 mile warranty. Funny how things fall apart so soon after. Anyway I just want to say that I hope no one ever buys a Kia and that I am sooo sorry to all of you who have already wasted the time and $ it takes to own one of these pieces of s**t.

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
First of all welcome to the site. Second sorry to hear you dont like your Rio. But I will say this....not all Kias are this way. I have once owned a Sorento and I now own a Optima and Spectra. I have had no issues with them what so ever. I work with people that have Kias as well and they have had no problems with them. One of them is even a Rio. It has 80k miles on it and runs like new. Every make of car will always have a bad one out of the bunch and sounds like you have one of them. There are many other people on this site that like their Kias as well. I like Kias so much that I have recommened them to people and they have gone out and bought them. So once again not all Kias are that way.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,980 Posts
W3RD, you can not say that a company is bad just because you have a problem with your ride. I am sorry to hear about your problem. But remember this.. the RIO is one of the fastest growing compact car in population. NEWayz, it could also be your driving.. but then again it might now be. ALL in all, you are in the best place to get advice and information on how to keep your car in tip top shape.. also here's the beauty... now your ride is DIY! Think that way and you should be HAPPY that you don't have warrenty on it anylonger! but that's me talking.. you don't have to agree. :57:

·
Registered
2007 Optima, 2007 Sorento
716 Posts
Insulting Kia and fellow owners by doing so won't serve you well here. You are the one who purchased the Rio to begin with. Did you buy the right car for your specific driving needs? Did you maintain it properly? Do you have a dependable dealer? Many things are beyond your control and for that I feel for your situation but every brand sold has some problems. Kia today is not the same Kia of yesterday. It is highly improved, sells really well in Europe as well as in the States. In fact it sells well pretty much everywhere it is available I love my Kia Optima and will definitely get another Kia when the time is right.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,980 Posts
Originally posted by Schnauzer@Oct 20 2005, 10:05 PM
Insulting Kia and fellow owners by doing so won't serve you well here. You are the one who purchased the Rio to begin with. Did you buy the right car for your specific driving needs? Did you maintain it properly? Do you have a dependable dealer? Many things are beyond your control and for that I feel for your situation but every brand sold has some problems. Kia today is not the same Kia of yesterday. It is highly improved, sells really well in Europe as well as in the States. In fact it sells well pretty much everywhere it is available I love my Kia Optima and will definitely get another Kia when the time is right.
W3RD!!! Spoken like a scholar!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i apologize, i did not mean to insult kia owners and im sorry that i apparantly did (based on the fact that more than 2 people commented on it). that was not my intention- i mainly meant that the car has given my nothing but headaches from the get-go: and every person i have talked to (as in face to face) has also had nothing but problems. i bought the car for the purpose of driving to and from work on Long Island- and to those who live there or have ever been- it IS rather flat. it hasnt been on any 'rough terrain' and im not a particularly speedy driver either: if i were the case i would have gone with a vehicle with higher horsepower anyway. to finish this im just going to once again apologize- i was having a particularly bad day with the kia, with no money to fix it again- and it DOES seem that every time i turn around something else is failing. ive read quite a few posts and people do seem to love their kia's- but its also been said that the kia of today is better than the kia of yesterday. that being said- do you own a newer model? because if so than perhaps it IS true- perhaps it really is just my car because its an 'older' model. maybe its just the rio in particular (this rio to be exact).

perhaps i just have bad luck with cars :(

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,980 Posts
Originally posted by kiwi24@Oct 25 2005, 09:22 PM
i apologize, i did not mean to insult kia owners and im sorry that i apparantly did (based on the fact that more than 2 people commented on it). that was not my intention- i mainly meant that the car has given my nothing but headaches from the get-go: and every person i have talked to (as in face to face) has also had nothing but problems. i bought the car for the purpose of driving to and from work on Long Island- and to those who live there or have ever been- it IS rather flat. it hasnt been on any 'rough terrain' and im not a particularly speedy driver either: if i were the case i would have gone with a vehicle with higher horsepower anyway. to finish this im just going to once again apologize- i was having a particularly bad day with the kia, with no money to fix it again- and it DOES seem that every time i turn around something else is failing. ive read quite a few posts and people do seem to love their kia's- but its also been said that the kia of today is better than the kia of yesterday. that being said- do you own a newer model? because if so than perhaps it IS true- perhaps it really is just my car because its an 'older' model. maybe its just the rio in particular (this rio to be exact).
perhaps i just have bad luck with cars :(
Now that's the right spirit! :thumbsup:

Look, we feel your pain and we do apologise for your problems. Personally (Working for a rental car company) I have driven the 2003/2004 and now the new 2005 RIO. They're all smooth for a little car. Can't touch my Optima in the HP/Torque and all around luxury in a million years! :grin: (sorry, had to throw that in) BUT.. there is a BUTT (heh heh he said butt) newayz, the RIO is a VERY economical car. Great gas mileage and an all around FUN car to drive. BUT being a family man myself and our Optima is the ONLY car we have.. I need the space and the RIO does not have it.

In your case, you should REALLY think it over and look at the 2005 KIA Spectra. It TOO has awesome gas mileage (ASK any of the owners - especially SpecSX) It's only a few thousand more (maybe even $1K). Another thing is, go to a rental car company and rent one for the weekend - BECAUSE everyone KNOWS that a "test drive" does NOT do the trick! You need to drive it for a few days.. get used to it... see if you like it. NEWayz, enough babble.. I really do hope that what I've told you helps! :57:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts