Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am considering purchasing a 2001 kia sportage and am wondering if there is anything I should know before making a final decision. I notice a clunk when I shift, and the husband feels that it is the universal joints but the guys at the dealership say that it is just one of those things and all kia 4wds have it. Something about the chain linkage and when it is in 4wd we won't notice it. I suspect that they are just bullshitting me to get rid of the vehicle, but I thought I could give them the benefit of the doubt and am hoping someone here can give me some knowledgeable advice.

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
Welcome :) . Please post under related forum to get a better response. New member area forum is for introductory purpose only.

·
Registered
2 Posts
First of all I have one. They make a lot of noise, sounds like a lawnmower. There is no place to put your water bottle or coffee without hiding the heating buttons and the clock. What a hassel. If you do not use the coffee tray then their is no room to put it anywhere. The roof rack adjusters break easily, there are starting problems that mechanics cannot find and the 4 cylinder seems to need an overdrive because the motor runs at a high rpm when on the freeway. It's a little bouncy on the road.
Otherwise if you can live with all this then it is OK.
I want a better vehicle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts