Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a newbie here so please pardon me if these questions are repetitive. I have four engine codes on my 2001 sportage 4WD and I am looking for a site where I can get some general guidance on how to repair these faults. The codes are as follows:

PO302 Cyl #2 Misfire
PO137 O2 sensor bank one, sensor 2
PO130 O2 sensor bank one, sensor 1
PO118 Engine coolant sensor high voltage

Any guidance or help in this effort would be greatly appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I'm a newbie here so please pardon me if these questions are repetitive. I have four engine codes on my 2001 sportage 4WD and I am looking for a site where I can get some general guidance on how to repair these faults. The codes are as follows:

PO302 Cyl #2 Misfire
PO137 O2 sensor bank one, sensor 2
PO130 O2 sensor bank one, sensor 1
PO118 Engine coolant sensor high voltage

Any guidance or help in this effort would be greatly appreciated, thanks
Greetings,

re: resources, the kiatechinfo website (see my sig.), signup using Internet Explorer / see requirements on main page,

Also see:
http://www.kia-forums.com/1g-1994-2002-sportage/32811-kia-online-manual-free-3.html

Post #26 by Ace1564 for a scanned (PDF) copy of the service manual..
(Thanks, Ace.)

re: O2 circuits, banks 1 and 2 throwing codes at same time:
--
http://www.kia-forums.com/1g-1994-2002-sportage/79384-2000-sortage-o2-heater-circuits-grounding.html

Summary: the (Fuel Pump) relay supplies voltage to both O2 heater circuits, and should be checked, in addition to the O2 fuses in the Engine Compartment fuse box..

General Electrical:

1 - Clean up the ground points in the engine compartment: Battery Terminals, Battery Neg. ground to Battery ground tray,

Battery Tray -> Engine Ground strap,

*Make sure the Sporty has a engine ground strap (wire) connected to the motor... Between the battery ground tray bolt (or Bat. Neg. Terminal bolt, and (1) of the nuts/studs on the Intake Manifold..

2 - Use a multimeter to measure voltage at the battery terminals, engine off, and when running: off s/b 12.1 - 13 volts, running s/b 13 - 14.2 volts, at least here on the 2k Sporty..

Low voltage would indicate a charging or ground issue,
High voltage may indicate a charging/alternator or possible incomplete (floating) ground issue,

3. Visually inspect / confirm all fuses in the engine compartment and passenger cabin fuses boxes, a digital multimeter w/ continuity test function is handy for performing this check,

re: coolant temp high code: try resetting the connector on the ECT (Engine Coolant Temp) sensor, follow top radiator hose from radiator to thermostat block, look for (3) wire) connector on right side of thermostat housing..

Hope this helps,

Regards,
GottaCruise

1 - 2 of 2 Posts