Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sorento SX AWD
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to introduce myself. Just purchased a 2016 Sorento SX AWD V6 with 35k on Jan 1st. So far impressed with it. My last car was a 2004 Toyota Highlander V6 with a lot less bells and whistles! The highlander is almost hitting 200k and has a low oil pressure issue so needed to upgrade badly!

Any advice for a new Kia owner? have less than a year left on that bumper to bumper warranty!

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
39 Posts
Welcome to the group, it's hard to say you going to have issues here or there. Some have this or that happening so play with as much as you can but most likely all is good. If you panoramic sun roof play with it mine hff ad to have a rebuild. Free of course

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sorento SXL AWD
7 Posts
We just got the same thing but with slightly more miles. We are also loving it! Note there is some weird climate control logic that doesn't allow you to use recirc whenever you want to - but you can adjust this if you'd like (find it in the climate control section of the owner's manual).

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,017 Posts
Instructions for shutting off the weird automatic anti-fogging feature are incorrect in the manual and the TSB for most 2016 vehicles. The way many of us have defeated it is to press and hold the front defrost button for a few seconds. After that, you will have manual control of the flow unless/until you lose power to the thing (e.g., battery disconnect).

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL-Turbo
119 Posts
Instructions for shutting off the weird automatic anti-fogging feature are incorrect in the manual and the TSB for most 2016 vehicles. The way many of us have defeated it is to press and hold the front defrost button for a few seconds. After that, you will have manual control of the flow unless/until you lose power to the thing (e.g., battery disconnect).
ecanderson, Coincidently I tried this today using the method in the manual to no avail. Went on YouTube and found the method you suggested and it worked.

I want to say thank you for all the valuable information you have contributed to this forum. You have helped many people myself included. Cheers🍺

·
Registered
19 Posts
So now you have to wonder if there are other secret button presses that can do other things!. Just odd that the manual instructions do absolutely nothing yet its promoted all over the internet..But I wonder what would happen if I got the firmware update if that would change anything

·
Registered
2017 Sorento SXL
105 Posts
Traction Off button is two stage. Press it once to turn off traction control. Press it and hold it to turn off stability control.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Here is a great video on transmission fluid change. I know you have a 16 but I believe the transmission are the same. This will give you an idea of what’s involved. I have a 14 and did mine no problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts