Kia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will need new tyres on my car in a few weeks time and am wondering what to fit.It is fitted with Kumho 798 at the moment.Also would altering the size from 245/70/16 to 245/75/16 make any difference to the ride quality.I am trying to lower the revs and increase mpg!
Tom.

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
Altering from 245/70/16 to 245/75/16 isnt going to make much of a difference. I did that once with a truck I had and never noticed a difference. The 245/75/16 is going to be a little narrower than the other one but not by much at all.

·
Registered
2008 VW Tiguan (sold my Sorento)
355 Posts
Hi

According to Hoyle and all his mates the 75 profiles will be the same width but bigger diameter, therefore increasing the circumpherence, reducing the gearing and increasing the mpg but frankly I have no idea if it would really work much, guess the manufacturer must have taken this all into account with the gearing of the vehicle in the first place ? Other interesting point is what it does to your speedo readout, odometer etc, think they'll be stuffed up as well !! MAybe a chat to your tyre dealer can advise.

Cheers

Derek

1 - 3 of 3 Posts