Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Sorento V6 AWD
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New as off Jan 2013
Just saw this new TSB for many 6spd at trans models while I was looking up something in the manuals.

2011> Sorento (XMa) 2.4L Theta II & 3.5L Lambda II
TSB 047 [Rev 1, 1/25/2013]
This bulletin provides information regarding axle shaft serviceability for Kia vehicles equipped with a six-speed automatic transmission. Refer to the table below for a detailed list of vehicle models. Individual service parts such as axle boots, joints and hardware for inner joint are now available through your parts department.

There are many other models included but this is the only one that concerns me as I have a 2011 Sorento with V6.
View TSB at KGIS site.
https://www.kiatechinfo.com/TechnicalInformation/local_viewer/Default.asp?title_num=331&toc_type=GROUP&menu_type=1_4&docu_no=2113

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD & 2010 Hyundai Sonata SE
532 Posts
What exactly does this do? All I gathered from what you posted was that axles and hardware are now available from your dealership!

·
Registered
2011 Sorento V6 AWD
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What exactly does this do? All I gathered from what you posted was that axles and hardware are now available from your dealership!
I couldnt really tell myself if it was new parts or a new procedure or what. I couldnt really find anything about a problem thats why I posted the link so you can see for yourself if you want. I dont think it anything serious as it includes most of their vehicles for 2011 at least.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD & 2010 Hyundai Sonata SE
532 Posts
I couldnt really tell myself if it was new parts or a new procedure or what. I couldnt really find anything about a problem thats why I posted the link so you can see for yourself if you want. I dont think it anything serious as it includes most of their vehicles for 2011 at least.
unfortunately I can't access that website without a username or password!

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 07 Rondo EX, 89 Chevy C1500
1,411 Posts
The axles were originally only serviceable as a complete unit, but now the inner joint is available separately.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts