Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I had to get my transmission replaced at the end of last month. Long story short, I had to get somewhere 30 miles away in 15 minutes, so I floored it and let it go until the governor caught it...well I looked down and noticed that I was going 124 MPH. Before I was only able to get to 119 MPH, and this is the first time I have gone that fast since I had the new transmission..so that has to be the difference. Could it be the software in the transmission? It is a Kia reman which means it should have the latest updates. Do the newest Sedonas go faster than the 06s?
-
Oh, for all of you "civilian police", I very rarely EVER travel over the posted speed limit, as I drive for maximum fuel economy. The only problem was, in my line of work, If I didn't catch the mail truck, I would have had to make over 100 individual deliveries to residences, which would have made me late to drop off other mailbags....basically had no choice, I had to be there, period.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
4,422 Posts
Hell I've had my Cobra OVER 165 before...of course this "really" didn't happen. :)

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,128 Posts
It doesn't shut off before that? Weird.
My sporty shuts off at 99 mph.
Not like it has anything after that anyways :)

On a side note, thats gotta be one sketchy ride going 130 in a mini van LOL.

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not as bad as I had expected. It really only felt like I was going 90. You can feel it hit the limiter, as it is still pulling pretty strong. I really was not thrilled about going that fast, but I wasn't about to face the consequences if I didn't meet the mail truck. Hmm, maybe somebody from Germany could chime in about where their limiter hits (autobahn)?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts