Kia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sedona LX
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i am the proud new owner of a 2016 Sedona LX with the nappa leather. I have noticed there are some cracks and Areas where the leather has been rubbed off. It is still under warranty but the dealership said that it wouldn’t be covered. Has anyone been able to repair the nappa leather?

also we bought the car and the rear entertainment system is missing the remote. How do you get around buying a whole new unit?

Thanks!

·
Registered
'15 Kia Sedona SX
213 Posts
Grr. I hate being stumped. Here are your best bets (all "remote" possibilities):
  1. ebay: item # 1771937444 contact the seller and ask
  2. Tasca parts, item # A9051-ADUS7 and UV040-AY122RC; call them and ask about the part and whether they have one for 2017 (should be the same; don't ask me why 2016 isn't included in fitment)
  3. Junkyards, er, "automotive recyclers." This will take some time, but someone must've crashed a 2016 - 2018 (you can also ask about 2015 and whether they have a return policy.)
Good luck!

·
Registered
'16 Sedona SX, '09 Genesis
249 Posts
I don't think LX trim came with leather seats. Also, nappa leather is only offered in the top SX-Limited trim, IIRC. If yours is indeed an LX, the leather seat might be aftermarket. If it is, then that for sure is not covered by factory warranty. Even factory leather... there is a grey area between regular wear & tear, and material defect.

I bought a Sienna base model the came with aftermarket installed leather. Felt comfortable enough at first, but over time I could tell it was definitely not as durable as factory leather.

You could also try a shop that specialize in auto upholstery. They can often repair damaged sections by recovering the seat.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sedona LX
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think LX trim came with leather seats. Also, nappa leather is only offered in the top SX-Limited trim, IIRC. If yours is indeed an LX, the leather seat might be aftermarket. If it is, then that for sure is not covered by factory warranty. Even factory leather... there is a grey area between regular wear & tear, and material defect.

I bought a Sienna base model the came with aftermarket installed leather. Felt comfortable enough at first, but over time I could tell it was definitely not as durable as factory leather.

You could also try a shop that specialize in auto upholstery. They can often repair damaged sections by recovering the seat.
Thanks for your reply! I am actually not sure what model I have then. The dealer had it listed as an LX but they didn’t include some things on their listing like remote start, rses, etc. So it may very well be an EX. I have 8 seats and didn’t want the captains chair second row.

I think you’re right that it probably won’t be covered by the warranty. It just looks like the previous owner didn’t take great care of the leather and all the leather is in need of a good wash and condition. And maybe I can try to do some of the minor repairs at home. I just am not very familiar with leather work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.