Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 KIA Sorrento EX 3.5 V6
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello.

I just purchased a used 2006 KIA Sorrento EX 2wd with 90k miles and I am already having problems with it. I did purchase and ext warranty b/c the 10/100 is only for the first owner: I have only had it for 28 days and check engine list come on with code P0302. Take it to dealer and he replaces plugs for free. In less than an hour CEL comes back on with codes P0300,0302,0304,0306. Taking it back to him in the morning. When first started (cold) it starts up fines and no issues...but when it is in between cold and warm is when it rough idles and codes codes. Happened twice now.

Any idea. The dealer is not a KIA dealer where I purchased from and he had a 30 day 3k warranty on top of the warranty I bought.

·
Registered
1999 Kia Sephia, 2016 Kia Optima SXL, 2019 Kia Soul Plus
1,110 Posts
Hello.

I just purchased a used 2006 KIA Sorrento EX 2wd with 90k miles and I am already having problems with it. I did purchase and ext warranty b/c the 10/100 is only for the first owner: I have only had it for 28 days and check engine list come on with code P0302. Take it to dealer and he replaces plugs for free. In less than an hour CEL comes back on with codes P0300,0302,0304,0306. Taking it back to him in the morning. When first started (cold) it starts up fines and no issues...but when it is in between cold and warm is when it rough idles and codes codes. Happened twice now.

Any idea. The dealer is not a KIA dealer where I purchased from and he had a 30 day 3k warranty on top of the warranty I bought.
With a misfire on cylinders 2, 4 & 6, it would appear that timing is off. You might check into whether the timing belt has been replaced recently. Otherwise, its overdue for a timing belt.

·
Registered
2006 KIA Sorrento EX 3.5 V6
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I went to start it this morning, white sweet smelling smoke billowed from the exhaust. Plus there is a gurgling sound coming from the dash.

I am hoping this isn't the start of a poor relationship

·
Registered
05 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
280 Posts
When I went to start it this morning, white sweet smelling smoke billowed from the exhaust. Plus there is a gurgling sound coming from the dash.

I am hoping this isn't the start of a poor relationship
That isn't a good sign, The white smoke is likely coolant being burned, and the gurgling will happen when the heater core is getting a little low too.
Sounds like your head gasket may have sprung a leak.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts