Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Sorento KX-3
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I have just ordered my first KIA Sorento and I am hoping that I have done the right thing. After paying the deposit the dealer has told me that he is waiting for his allocation and so does not have a car available yet.

The next problem is getting a dog guard and a tow bar, anybody got any experiance of these?

·
Registered
6 Posts
You will have no problems getting a towbar fitted, most fitting companies will have them in stock. I think the dog guard can be purchased from your dealer.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Towbar was fitted by my dealer I believe is is a KIA towbar, think I could tow a tank with it! but had to have electrics modified as I needed 12n and 12s on opposite sides for caravan. no problem took it back and they modified FOC.
Dog guard again fitted by dealer(recommended) but does not cover back of seats, 3 black dogs and grey covers?? Boot liner by KIA is recommended as well
Towing! I have a 1.5 ton(max) Vanroyce. hardly notice it is there, even the wife is happy towing!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
If you've got a Kia towbar, ask your dealer to check it, they've recalled a batch of them recently.
The dog guard is a 5 minute, fiddly fit.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Originally posted by Murphwiz@Jan 8 2005, 08:33 PM
If you've got a Kia towbar, ask your dealer to check it, they've recalled a batch of them recently.
The dog guard is a 5 minute, fiddly fit.

Hi David,

I didn't go for the KIA towbar as I found out that it required the Sorento's rear bumper to be cut when I checked a couple that my dealer had awaiting collection.
In the end I purchased a Witter bar and KIA electrics and fitted it myself, as it is a relatively straight forward job albeit a bit heavy to hold in place when fitting the bolts. I will admit the Witter bar is a bit of a lump though, but it is really solid.

The first time I connected the caravan the fridge and charge circuit fuses in the relay both blew, I checked the wiring and connections but couldn't find anything wrong so changed the fuses for some new blade fuses (same rating) and haven't had any problem since, I can only assume the fuses supplied were weak/faulty.

My experience of the Sorento as a tow car has been very reassuring, I towed my 5 berth Bailey Ranger down to the South of France last summer and needed to remind myself several times to slow down on the Autoroutes because the van was on the back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts