Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi every one. I'm just another Kia Victim. I purchased my 2001 Kia Rio in Dec. 2000. I had nothing but bad thing to say about this car. From day one I had problems with my air bag light. It keeps going off, and they can’t seem to fix it, well that was until I had over 60kmils on it. Now I have 72K, and I having all kinds of problems.

1) Air Bag light
2) Power steering is leaking
3) Engine light is on.
4) MT is stuck in 2nd gear
5) Window knob fell off.
6) Major exhaust leak. "Before the Catalytic converter."
7) Radio Tuner gets a lot of static.

I will never! Buy a Kia again! My 1991 Dodge Shadow with over 200,000 mils on it is a much better car. It has no ware near as many problems as my Rio.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I couldn't agree with you more, I have a Kia Sedona with 17000 miles on it with numerous problems so far-I bought a new van to get away from the problems of a 13 year old van. I now have just as many with a 21 month old van. The warranty is no good if Kia can't fix the problem

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,124 Posts
all i will say is every car manufacturer has lemons. EVERY 1.
kia is not at a higher level than any of them.
hell outta 3 kias in my family we have almost 300000 miles.
1 99 sephia 120000
1 00 sephia 110000
1 01 spectra 30000
no problems with any of them. do the mantinence that is required.
this is why a lot have problems they neglect their vehicles.
at that many miles on you rio what have you had serviced?
im just wondering.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I know everyone have lemons. Kia just seems to have more then the rest. I lost faith with them when my engine light, and air bag light keep going off. This started with in the first week. After the 3rd time the dealer refused to give me a different car. They can fix it now that the warranty is over. I truly believe that the Korans hat us so much that will sell us such a peace of junk car… The fact is that Kia makes the worst car in the US.

·
Registered
2007 Optima, 2007 Sorento
716 Posts
deronjthomas, sorry that you had a bad Rio. No one will change your mind but remember you were the one who bought the Rio in the first place. Did you buy the proper car for your specific driving needs? Did you put pressure on the dealer to fix things right? If you did, then did you raise your voice to the national level? Having worked for Nissan Motors, I have firsthand knowledge of the industry and can say all brands have models that are worst than others they make. The Rio has a lot of fans but there are many who hate the car. A good dealer could have solved your problems. I blame the dealer first for not taking good care of you.
Good luck with your next car. I wish you well but Kia makes a lot of good cars today. Sales are proving this worldwide.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,979 Posts
This IS the reason why I wrote the FORUM RULES.. if you DIDN'T read it.. then that's YOUR problem.. DO NOT bash KIAS JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE THEM!!! Do it again, and you WILL be banned! Consider this your First and FINAL WARNING!

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,979 Posts
Originally posted by deronjthomas@Mar 11 2005, 08:23 AM
Hi every one. I'm just another Kia Victim. I purchased my 2001 Kia Rio in Dec. 2000. I had nothing but bad thing to say about this car. From day one I had problems with my air bag light. It keeps going off, and they can’t seem to fix it, well that was until I had over 60kmils on it. Now I have 72K, and I having all kinds of problems.

1) Air Bag light
2) Power steering is leaking
3) Engine light is on.
4) MT is stuck in 2nd gear
5) Window knob fell off.
6) Major exhaust leak. "Before the Catalytic converter."
7) Radio Tuner gets a lot of static.

I will never! Buy a Kia again! My 1991 Dodge Shadow with over 200,000 mils on it is a much better car. It has no ware near as many problems as my Rio.
I am sorry to hear your problems.. but not all kias are as you mentioned.. and as 1fastkia said, ALL makes have lemons.. even toyota and honda.. so again.. please read the rules before you post a topic to BASH KIAS, if you have a REAL problem with kias.. then take it up with the company itself! We here can not AND will not take people bashing kias just because you're 'UNHAPPY' with it.. stop complaning and go to the dealership and DEMAND that something be done about it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts