Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2000 KIA Sephia, BMW 635csi
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi;
My name is Chris from Orland, FL and this is my first post. I have a 2000 KIA Sephia. It has been having starting problems. The situation has gotten worse. I have a new battery and the battery voltage is fine 12.6v. When I turn the key I hear a soft click and the car does not turn over. Usually if I keep trying the starter motor will eventually activate but it seems to crank slowly. The problem seems to be worse once the car is warmed up. Today it just would not start. I tried removing the starter motor thinking it was bad. I had the motor tested and it turned over just great on the bench. Not sure if I should put the motor back in and look for cable issues or what?

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum.

--
If the starter is testing good, suggest cleaning up the contacts on & checking the starter relay, removing the air tube and carefully inspecting the positive cable running to the starter for any cracks or wear in the outer insulation jacket - repair or replace if badly worn,

And would recommend cleaning up the ground point where the Neg. battery cable attaches to the the frame and/or motor,

Regards,
GottaCruise

1 - 2 of 2 Posts