Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just bought a 2006 Sportage XS auto (24th June '13, private sale) and am beginning to think I should have registered for this forum as "Mr Gullible"! Within 30 miles of leaving the sellers house, the engine management warning light came on. I couldn't return the vehicle as he was going on holiday that day. Since then the car has been in both my local garage and a main Kia dealer four times trying to trace the fault. It originally showed as P1529 but we've also had ABS, ESP, glow-plug etc fault codes showing up. The combined technical know-how of both my local Kia service centre and Kia Motors technical department seem unable to resolve the issue. The latest diagnosis appears to suggest a torque converter issue but this is yet to be confirmed. It's due to go back to the Kia service centre AGAIN tomorrow as the lights come back on! The seller (naturally) has denied there was a problem pre-sale. Can anyone help?!

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sportage LX 2WD 2.0L.
28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,951 Posts
P1529 does suggest that the torque converter is having problems locking up...
I see he's in the UK and it's been about a month since he posted this thread...
Some info will pertain to European Market KIAs on kiatechinfo but like the diesel engines they are not covered there...
I would have asked what the mileage on the car and if the transmission fluid has been changed... These trannys don't like dirty fluid and can do some strange things when the fluid is not changed as per the book...
He may have major transmission problems coming up...
Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts